MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Hello

Posted by Big Bird Nancy , 28 February 2013 · 3,131 views

• Big Bird
  • Big Bird
  • Big Bird
  • Big Bird
  • Picture 061
  • Picture 258

HI everyone! I'm Monique, Big Bird's person. We have had Big Bird for 5 years now. We got her when she was only 3 months old. Big Bird seemed to be a well adjusted, happy bird. Then we had to movie to a new state. Every thing seemed fine at first, until she was hurt by accident. Not a real big injury, but enough to make her leg and foot sore. About a week after the injury she started chewing her feathers down tell she was fuzzy all over her chest and legs. She left her wing feathers and teal feathers alone. I took her to a vet, and everything seemed to be good, no brakes , no bugs.

It's been a year since the move and 7 months since the injury. Big Bird is still chewing her feathers down and has even plucked a spot balled under her right wing. She seems to be other wise healthy.

One of my kids was recently diagnosed with a fungal infection, and I'm starting to wounder if maybe Big Bird might have a fungal infection as well. She eats fine, she's plays all the time. She doesn't seem sick. She's just keeps messing with her feathers.

If there's anyone who has a story that might help me out I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you, Big Bird & Monique. Posted Image

April 2018

S M T W T F S
22 232425262728

Recent Entries

Categories