About the Forum
Welcome to the QuakerParrots.com Forum. We're glad that you are a part our online community. We strive to be a group of friendly and helpful people who really care about our birds and each other.
One thing you'll notice right away is that this forum is different than many others. We work very hard to maintain a friendly and respectful atmosphere for all our members. We don't allow the personal attacks and "flaming" that is common on other forums. We feel that our "no flaming" rule promotes an environment where we can best learn and teach others about parrots.
It is for this reason that we request our members to follow these guidelines. Thank you for being a part of our Forum Family and for helping to make the QP Forum the best bird forum on the 'net! Forum-wide Guidelines
- All posts should be constructive and on-topic. Please make every attempt to post your message in the most relevant section. There is no need to post the same message under multiple sections. Please don't "BUMP" topics without adding any valid on-topic information. Off-topic, bumped posts and duplicate posts may be moved or removed by the Forum staff.
- Please understand that flaming, harassment or abuse directed towards anyone will not be tolerated. Posts that contain such material may be removed or edited by the Forum staff. Members who participate in such unpleasantness will be dealt with. Possible actions may include being placed on moderation (where all posts must be reviewed and approved by staff), temporary suspension of forum account or in some circumstances being banned from the Forum.
- We also do not tolerate posts containing pornography, indecent images or language including links to any such materials, nor do we tolerate any posts that others may find offensive. All posts should be suitable and appropriate for children to read.
- Please keep in mind that the reason you are posting is so that others can read what you have written. Therefore, we ask our members not to use excessively formatted text and to keep fonts to a reasonable size that are easy to read.
- We do not tolerate any form of spamming on our Forum. Please keep all posts and links appropriate and on-topic. For our forum advertising policy, please see below.
- Please do not cross-post birds for sale or birds needing new homes. The "Needs New Home" section is for members ONLY who need to find a new home for their own bird. Breeder postings are prohibited except as allowed by our Advertising Policy below.
- Please refrain from posting specific religious views on the forum. (Posting general prayer requests or offering to pray, light a candle, or send good thoughts is still allowed.)
- Messages containing phone numbers, street addresses, or post office boxes should not be posted on the public forum. You may post an e-mail address as long as it is your own; however, we suggest you include it only in your Forum signature to prevent non-members and e-mail harvesting robots from grabbing your address.
- QuakerParrots.com is accessible to the entire world and welcomes the chance to create and celebrate an international community. However, since not all countries speak the same languages, we require posts to be written in English and reserve the right to delete posts in languages other than English.
- Because QuakerParrots.com is an international community, please keep in mind that our members represent many diverse cultures. This diversity includes a wide variety of political and religious views as well as different communication styles and more. We ask our members to keep this in mind when reading messages on the forum and to treat other members with respect at all times. When replying to difficult threads, always remember to address the post and not the poster. (In other words, address the topic and not the member personally.)
- The Forum staff reserve the right to edit, move or remove any posts, topics, profiles, images,or signatures at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
Image and Signature Guidelines
- Advertising on the forum is not allowed except in the designated areas (under development). Advertising is defined as any post where the poster may benefit financially or otherwise if someone makes a purchase, follows a link or takes any other requested action.
- Forum members may post items for sale on their member blogs. However, we strongly suggest that blogs not be used solely for advertising. Other members are more likely to read the blogs and respond to items for sale if real content and personal experiences are being shared. Members may post within the Gallery and Blog section that their blog has been updated. However, the message should be general and should not mention items for sale. A simple "there's a new update in my blog" message should suffice.
- Members may use their forum signatures to provide a link to their business web site or blog as long as the following guidelines are followed:
- Please limit your signature to two text links
- The text link should use no larger than size 2 text
- The text link should be no longer than 40 characters in length
- Business-related images within the signature are not allowed
- You may include an image or other text within your signature as long as it is not business-related (see additional signature guidelines below).
You also have a web site URL within your user profile that you can set. This link can be business-related as well.
Get involved and enjoy!
- Members may set up signatures on our Forum, but we ask that you keep these to a reasonable size to reduce scrolling and page display times. Your signature may contain images, but we ask that you use one medium size image or one-to-two small size images. The total pixel size must not exceed 480 wide by 200 high. The total size of all signature images should not exceed 50,000 bytes (~50K). If using a text signature, it should not exceed 5 or 6 lines of text. For business-related signatures, please also follow the advertising policy above.
- When uploading an image to a Forum post, images may not exceed 800x600 pixels. This limit is set within the Forum software. We encourage our members to make use of the upload feature as much as possible as this creates a thumbnail for members to click on rather than displaying the full image within the post, thereby allowing for faster page loads.
If you must link to an image outside of the forum, we strongly encourage you to use images much smaller than 800x600 pixels to help prevent long download times for our members who are on dialup service.
- We reserve the right to remove or edit images and/or signatures that do not fall within these guidelines.
Don't be afraid to type! Short messages are unlikely to get much of a response; however, if you write something that shares experiences, you're more likely to receive a response.
Be expressive: We welcome the use of emoticons and smilies to express emotions and feelings.
We also encourage you to get and stay involved on the forum. Discuss issues, share news of interest from your local area, post messages or questions, and help make this forum an exciting place for all members of our community. It's the exchange of ideas that makes this forum valuable - so use it and enjoy it. DISCLAIMER
Please remember that we are not responsible for any message posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this Forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Forum staff immediately by PM or email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages, and we will make every effort to do so - within a reasonable time frame - if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service
, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Forum. The Forum staff reserves the right to edit or remove messages, images, signatures or user profiles with or without notice, for any reason listed or not listed above and at our sole discretion.