The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Clean MoonJi's toenail and bill

MoonJi lives in the open space with family, no cage and not alone. He likes to play with people, so I try to cut his tonail and bill very ofen. A file is much easier to clean compare to scissors or knife.

Sandi Kiwis Mom
    Sep 21 2006 10:24 PM
    you have him very well trained. I just have one question tho? Why do you do his beak?
    QUOTE(Sandi, Kiwi's Mom @ Sep 22 2006, 12:24 PM)

you have him very well trained. I just have one question tho? Why do you do his beak?

(1) He is awfully afraid of strangers. He picks at whenever he finds somebody's hand or foot.
    (2) Picking up, he likes to go up to my shoulder. If I do not beak his bill, then it can be reason making a hole on clothes. smile.gif

a light touch of the tip.
    Sep 22 2006 12:24 AM
    Twiz would never be that still! Good job Moonji!
    He's so trusting of you. I loved watching that smile.gif
    He trusts you very much. What a good bird! Thanks for sharing.
    Sep 26 2006 07:59 PM

Wow, MoonJi is so calm and comfortable! Liam would never let me do that!
    I also file Mushus claws and beak, though he doesn't lay on his back like that for me, I have to keephold of him as long as Ikeep that contact he s fine but if I let got he panicks and flies off.
    I file his beak to take the sharp point off it which stops him making holes in people clothes and furnishings so easy.
    Thank you so much for this video!

I tried to do Roxey's beak from watching this video in times past, but was not as successful as I would have liked. I will try again tomorrow...now that I have watched it again to learn how to keep his top and bottom seperated.

I was surprized at how well he laid on his back for me to attempt it..........and I praised him for his patience while I did it...he did not seem to mind at all. smile.gif

Thanks again, Moon Ji's daddy!