MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

MoonJi : Flying to 2008 yr's sky

Happy new year my friends !!

I haven't been on as much the past few months as I was previously, so, maybe I've missed something..Is Moonji someone's pet? I can't imagine having my pet flying all over the yard and then flying into the house via an opened glass door..what happens if he thinks the window above is an open area and flies into it? If I've missed something, please forgive me...no offense..Just frightening to me..
    That is just amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

Tari
    MoonJi is so pretty. What a happy little bird. Love your videos!
    QUOTE (Joysmom @ Jan 29 2008, 01:44 PM)
    I haven't been on as much the past few months as I was previously, so, maybe I've missed something..Is Moonji someone's pet? I can't imagine having my pet flying all over the yard and then flying into the house via an opened glass door..what happens if he thinks the window above is an open area and flies into it? If I've missed something, please forgive me...no offense..Just frightening to me..

Yes, I agree that a clear glass door can be possible danger for the wild birds.
    In terms of my bird, he well trained and well experienced in house-environment since he was born. But still I am on the alert always. Thank you for your concern.
    Amazing, absolutely amazing! I have read about people who free-flight their birds, but have never actually seen it done. They behave better than kids!
    Photo
    GizmoAndGadget'sDad
    Jun 23 2008 05:01 PM
    How did you teach him to do that? It's my goal to someday free flight gizmo.
    Photo
    Birdy-Momma
    Jul 09 2008 09:57 PM
    WOW! That is amazing! I couldn't dare do that with my birds though. We have heavy street traffic and dogs and cats outside, plus hawks that soar overhead. Still cool, but scary!