MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Ringo's Mysterious New Sound

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Ringo loves to copy the sounds she hears from the other birds' room -- they share a wall. She can whistle like a tiel, shriek like a Quaker, do Benjy's "I'm a budgie and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" angry squawk, the cardinal impersonation that Clyde does, Johnny's original song ... 

The last couple of mornings I've heard a sound from her that I couldn't identify. Did she make it up? Was it something she heard outdoors? Today I figured it out because while she was doing it, I heard the same sound emanating from Jade's cage in the other room. It's Jade's favorite bell toy. LOL Jade sits on her cozy swing and holds that toy with her other foot and swings it back and forth and squawks. Ringo already knows the squawk, so now she's working on learning to sound like the bell. 

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

LOL!!!  That's GREAT!!!!! :D

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ringo is probably the most entertaining of the birds. You never know what she's going to do next. Last night she stole one of my lizard's super worms. These things are like caterpillars without fuzz. They're HUGE. Rex loves them. Ringo has been eyeing them ever since I started giving them to Rex, but last night she just yanked it right out of the tongs and flew away. She wouldn't give it back. I thought it was surely too big for her to eat and she'd play with it and then drop it somewhere and I'd have to find it so it wouldn't be wandering around starving to death or show up unexpectedly and give me a heart attack. But no, she beat it to death against the wall and gulped it right down. 

#4 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

What a little smarty pants!

How is her wierd molt going? Is she starting to get lots of little feather seedlings coming in?

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

At the rate she's going, she's going to have a whole new set of feathers in a week or so. Every morning I examine her and every night when I get home from work, she's produced a dozen new sprouts since the morning. Rows and rows of pinnies up and down her chest. She still has bare spots, but they're starting to fill in.

#6 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

I'm glad to hear Ringo is getting a new outfit so quickly. Her diet must be working well for her. How funny that she stalked those worms until now and then took matters into her own beak. She is getting a long list of sounds in her vocabulary. Clever girl. :)

#7 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

As bad as Quakers are about bossing their humans around, starlings are even worse. The Starling Rules essentially boil down to "It's MINE." If I want it, it's mine. If I have it, it's mine. If I can take it, it's mine. If you have it and put it down, it's mine. If I have and put it down, it's still mine.

#8 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Rofl! I bet that is also in The Quaker Rule Book under, ownership.