MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Wally's Two Week Birthday Lol

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Wally's been here two weeks today. I cleaned his bowl again last night, and the first time I did it, last Saturday, he was really upset by being put back into his old container while I cleaned. Last night, he swam right into it and waited patiently while I cleaned his bowl and treated the fresh water. He remembered! I got him some pellets since I read that bettas don't like the flakes much -- though he'd been eating them -- and I gave him a few flakes and a few pellets to see which he preferred, and he likes the pellets. They sink and he chases them. I think that's why he likes them, they're more fun than those boring flakes that just float. Though he ate a couple of flakes, too.

His color is really vivid now and he's quite active and comes over to see me when I stop to visit. He seems to be doing really well. I'm relieved. I was afraid it might have already been too late when I brought him home and that he might be so unhealthy from that tiny container and dark shelf at Walmart that he wouldn't make it.

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm glad he's perked up! I love bettas! :)

#3 owned by racal

owned by racal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Has clyde warmed up to him yet?

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

No, he does not exist as far as Clyde is concerned. LOL And I'm not going to introduce him to Ringo, because he would peck at him with that sharp little starling beak. Wally likes to hang around at the top of his bowl and I don't want him harassed by a curious baby bird. I think Ringo would enjoy watching him and definitely wouldn't be afraid of him -- Ringo isn't afraid of much of anything -- but unless I can find a suitable top for the bowl to keep Ringo from pecking at him or trying to take a bath in the water, they don't need to be in the same room. I'm going to Petsmart today for bird food anyway, and maybe I can find a top for the bowl.

#5 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

How's Wally going?

#6 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Wally's doing great. When I first brought him home, his color was kind of splotchy and his fins were thin and wispy, and now he's turned a deep red and his fins are huge and lush. He loves his castle and likes to hang out in it and he's quite lively for a betta. I change his water once a week and while he doesn't like to have to wait in a water glass while I do that, he's always happy to have a fresh clean bowl. :lol: