MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Bird Tricks Toys

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Maybe I am a sucker, but I kept getting email from birdtricks.com, about dangerous toys in pet shops etc, and decided to sign up for their monthly delivery of toys..supposedly guaranteed safe, and the price didn't seem too bad, three toys a month, considering what I already spend, for $22 a month. I just signed up for the small parrot set, and figure Cadbury and the two lovebirds can have one each. Anybody joined this and if so any reviews??. Or am I just a sucker? Nic.

#2 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Not the best idea to sign up with anything on the net...what are you going to do with 36 toys a year :) hope you have lots of space

#3 gwolly

gwolly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

I know! But I imagine a lot of them will be shredding type things, which I am going through pretty quickly with the lovebirds. I was swayed by the idea of knowing they are all safe, no bad metals or anything on them . Anyway, we shall see....I'll let you know how it goes. Besides, it's so much fun to get parcels in the mail....especially new toys!
When I first got Cadbury I got all excited about making my own toys, but I quickly realised it is very hard to find safe parts, here in Australia, other than buying from online bird toy stores that sell parts as well. It is so expensive to do that, it kind of defeats the purpose.
When I went looking in craft stores for beads etc, you could never tell what sort of dyes or paint were used, and then trying to get stainless links at the hardware was impossible, so I gave up. I have been buying a toy every couple of weeks at least at the pet store, as I am always there browsing while my son does dancing next door. (That's how I ended up with Cadbury!) Even the smallest paper type things cost at least $7 or $8 dollars, and you can easily pay $20 Aus for a nice wooden toy. Nic.

#4 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

We work in rands :D... I was on the site having a look c and the toys looks like fun :D and much safer than most toys. Plus you can cancel if you don't want them anymore

#5 Allison

Allison

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I've been recieving the monthly toys for two months now and Seymour and I both love it! He never really paid attention to toys before but he's just been shredding like crazy. By the second month he's gone through two full toys and I've even given one to my budgie who seems mildly interested. Like you I was mostly attracted to the fact that they are naturally made and guaranteed safe and I'm happy to report that I haven't been disappointed yet!