MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Specific Quaker Cage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mezentius

mezentius

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hello;

On the topic of cages - most that I find are either too small, or have their bars too wide apart. I managed to find one on ebay, but the quality was not great - after 6 months I've noticed some paint chipping already, so I'm thinking about getting it replaced. Around the start of the year I think I found a discussion around here in which a brand of cages were mentioned, which were large enough yet had small enough bars (5/8 inches, I think). Unfortunately, I have since lost the link, and all I can remember is that it is an American company (maybe Hawaii?) and their website was green. Prices were around 400-600 USD. I've tried the forum search function and google, but given my limited information I have not found it.

Does anyone know of this? Or any other sources of larger, well-made cages which have smaller bar spacings?

#2 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

Adv Member

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Well here you go!

http://www.kingscage...BirdFinder.aspx

If anything gets to you damaged, just call in and the customer service person hooks you right up... No, I don't get paid by them - we just own 4 cages... Three of the

Economy Line Medium Triple Top Cage ELT4_2620 and one

Luxury Line Open Top Cage LUX2822 - we have a 5th cage that is a playtop knock off - got it for JellyBean on sale at our favorite bird supply store.

#3 crackofdawn

crackofdawn

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

This cage:

http://valuecrate.com/pcft32n.html

Is better than anything you will ever find for even close to the same price point. We have 2 of them, one for sugar gliders and one for our Quaker, both are >2 years old and look the same as the day we got them. We actually clean ours by pressure washing them and there isn't a single chip anywhere on the cage and they're holding up fine. They're not super heavy duty so you're not going to be able to hang a 10 lb perch on one or anything like that but they're AMAZING for $125. Really large too.