MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Looking For A Caage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy S.

Cindy S.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi - I am the new owner of a 5-yr-old Quaker. He came with his cage, because he got super-stressed when his rescuer tried to move him to a larger cage. I've only had him since Saturday. His cage is not in good shape - some of the bars are missing, and although the size seems adequate I'd like something larger. I'd also like something with horizontal bars on two sides rather than vertical on all sides. Several years ago, probably 5 or 6, I bought two cages for about $150 (each). I really l liked them. I kept a parrotlet in one and a bunch of budgies in the other. It was on wheels and if I remember correctly it was a little wider than it was tall. I don't really remember the dimensions. I think it had horizontal bars since that's what I was looking for. The cage was on a wheeled stand. I'm just hoping someone might know the cage I'm talking about or something similar. It was a well-made cage, but the cages I've seen online recently that might even come close are $500-600 and I can't afford them.

Thanks for any help!

Cindy

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Here are some that you might be interested in...

http://www.amazon.co...bird c,pets,317

#3 Cindy S.

Cindy S.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks - there are a lot of cages on Amazon! I still can't find quite what I was looking for but I might be able to go to a bird show this weekend and see what's available there. I also found one at Petco that would probably be suitable. I found a spot on Rico's cage that looks downright dangerous to me - it looks like there was a hole cut in the bars, maybe to put a cup through or something, and it was covered with some mesh very heavy wire but it doesn't cover the whole hole. Very strange, and Rico could easily get stuck in it. Fortunately he doesn't go down to the bottom of his cage that I've seen so far. My next problem will be getting Rico to accept a new cage! My plan is to just put it near him and let him go to it on his own terms, but it might take quite awhile. He does not like new things much!

#4 AccidentalCrash

AccidentalCrash

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

The links weren't working, so let's see...
On Dr. Foster and Smith's website they have a huge aviary flight cage for 150$ (search item code CC-30740 in the search on the website).
On Petco's website they have a huge parrot cage, very good quality. But more pricey at 215$ (search Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage in the Petco search box).
I hope this helps! Posted Image