MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Questions On Nest Building?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rexley and Molly

Rexley and Molly

Adv Member

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

I have read several posts about items to give our quakers to use on building their nests but think I might be missing some thing. Not sure what to expect from my quakers as for a nest. You see I have gave them several things to use but it all ends up at the bottom of the cages after they play with it. They seem to work it with their beaks than it drops to the bottom. I have read people mention platforms? Do I need to make one or can it be bought some place? Is that what they need to be able to build? I know probably silly questions.

#2 breemom

breemom

Becky

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

They have platforms on Amizon.com if you go to pet birds.I have found out on here that some birds are builders and some just aren't.I have bought stuff for Carmeleta to build with but she could care less.She is more of a cuddlier than a builder.I hope this helps a little bit.Take care Becky Posted Image

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Ralph builds with his sticks on the bottom of his cage, fitting them between the bottom grate, his wooden ladder and the side of the cage. Since he isn't interested in building an actual nest, he doesn't care when his structures fall apart; in fact, he usually orders me to pull them apart so he can build something new. Posted Image
  • Rexley and Molly likes this