MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Happy Hatch Day Spike

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Last year's Christmas surprise is 12 months old today.  She is a lovely looking bird but has the temperament of her mother, Rebel.  Needless to say, both just tolerate me and would prefer if I was nowhere near them.  I have checked Rebel's eggs again and they are all infertile.  I don't want another little Christmas surprise this year smile.png

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Happy Hatchday to Spike the Christmas Surprise. smile.png

#3 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Happy Hatchday Spike!! :)

I feel silly asking, but are Rebel and Spike cockatiels?

#4 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hi Allee, they sure are.  And Pippin is the one Shah really hates - he screams out "Pippin" when he is angry with Pip - which is most of the time.

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Greta's eggs are still behind the curtain and she still spends all day sitting on them, but going to bed at night. They're not going to hatch, so we won't get a surprise, either. Tell Spike happy  hatchday from us

#6 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi Jan, you have three cockatiels and Shah? Is that right? And Shah is the self appointed Lord of the manor?

Harry's motherhood was short lived. She laid her first egg, sang to it, called it pretty pretty bird, took excellent care of it for a day and a half, dropped the second egg from the perch and never gave either of them another glance. She is still very hormonal but she hasn't laid anymore eggs.

My husband is home all week for Christmas and Harry has made everyone miserable for the past three days. Today I was trying to convince my husband there is just one more bird I absolutely must have. Harry must have heard me and thought it was a ridiculous idea. She couldn't have possibly behaved worse. She went to sleep before I rolled her cage out to the sidewalk with a big sign: Cussing, Screeching, Biting, Healthy Bird: FREE TO GOOD HOME!!!

I went to check on her a few minutes ago and she came over to me. I told her she was a good bird and she said, "good bird, good good bird," shaking her head up and down in agreement. She let me tickle her belly to remind me how much progress we've made.
  • Bene_Gesserit likes this

#7 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

Happy Hatch Day, Spike!

Oh, Horrible Harry. Horrible, Loveable, Wonderful Harry!