MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Andrča W.

Andrča W.

QP Lover

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

It has organic flour, organic corn meal, eggs with shells, hulled millet. No milk, or oil, but rather water. Does anybody know this basic recipe?

Thank-you so very much!

#2 LuvMyHarley1

LuvMyHarley1

Harley's Mom Julie

• Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

Uh Oh ------sorry--not me, maybe somebody has and will come along soon for you...... smile.gif

#3 Julies Jungle

Julies Jungle

Julie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

When was it in Bird Talk? I have the mag so I will look thru them.

#4 Andrča W.

Andrča W.

QP Lover

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Julies Jungle @ Nov 18 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When was it in Bird Talk? I have the mag so I will look thru them.
1995, 1994, 1993. I can't really remember. It's an old basic recipe... I do remember that it had organic applesauce instead of oil. Anybody know this basic recipe?

#5 Andrča W.

Andrča W.

QP Lover

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Some of the Ingredients I can rememember ::

Organic Corn Meal
Whole Wheat Flour
Hulled millet
Natural honey
Whole Eggs
Applesauce (Instead of Vegetable or Olive Oil)
Water

You'd bake it in a 9 x 13 pan, cut it into half inch squares, and freeze. If you were worried about the Bread sticking a little whole wheat flour in the glass pan worked great!

It's just a basic Birdie Bread, but without all the unnecessary sugars, cooking oils * or milk. I liked it because it didn't have all the that uneeded stuff, and it was so easy to add whatever you wanted to the mix before baking :: Fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, small nuts...

{* Cold pressed Olive Oil can be used to grease the pan though.}

My cockatiel's loved it, and my lovebird's used to go nuts whenever they heard me thawing some out!

I just know my QP would go crazy for some, and it was so easy to make that it's driving me crazy I cannot find the recipe! I'd make one of the other's but honestly nobody in my house needs the sugars, or oils/ fats!

(All the birds, humans, and cats are pudgie enough... [My tiels used to "share" a little with "their" pet cats if they were feeling generous!] lol...)

Anybody have this very Basic Recipe?

#6 ~Crystal and Bammie~

~Crystal and Bammie~

Adv Member

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

I went to the store and bought an organic bread mix, came home and cut up broccoli, green beans, fresh corn off the cob, green peas, grated carrot. I got the processor out and threw in two eggs whole, oats, the veggies and then I had this ‘bright’ idea, I’ll throw in some of those pellets he wont eat. So I mixed it all up, put it into my bread mix, put it in a tray and sprinkled some seeds on top and baked it in the oven. When i pulled it out, it was so moist and looked soooo yummy.

Posted ImageParrot Bread

Posted ImageMoist Parrot Bread

All excited, I wait for it to cool down to a nice warm bread and I cut a piece off for Pluto. At first he proclaims how yummy it is however after a few minutes he looks at me and runs down to the side of the cage asking “Do you want some?” meaning he doesn’t like it and wants something else. I check the leftovers to find he has picked out the corn and peas and left the rest!!! For goodness sake I could have just put them in a bowl on their own instead of going to all this trouble!

THIS IS WHAT I FOUND NOT MY IDEA!!!! JUST CAME ACROSS IT ON TALKING QUAKER PARROT.COM!!! HOPE IT HELPS!!!!

#7 ~Crystal and Bammie~

~Crystal and Bammie~

Adv Member

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

MAYBE THATS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED!!! SORRY I AM NEW AND I THOUGHT YOU WAS TALKING ABOUT BREAD!!!!Posted Image

Edited by crystal22, 12 June 2010 - 10:46 PM.

#8 LuvMyHarley1

LuvMyHarley1

Harley's Mom Julie

• Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:25 AM

These little poots are certainly picky....sorry you went through all that trouble..but, hey, don't throw it out yet...freeze it---Pluto may take a liking to it later on...nothing like trying...good luck.... :)

#9 tampaclavin

tampaclavin

Adv Member

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

1 cup organic wheat flour
2 cup yellow cornmeal(or white)
3 tsp baking powder
3 organic eggs
3 tbsp safflower oil or flax seed oil
6 tiny bottles of organic vegees baby food
grate up some brocolli, carrots
add harrisons high potency pellets for 6 month period(30 tbsp-per month)
bake at 400 for one hour-freeze-defrost few times a week :)