MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Meat's

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vicki S.

Vicki S.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

rolleyes.gif I have 2 tiels & a quaker an they just love cooked meat's of all kind. Hamburger,chicken,pork,roast,you name it they like it.Also the side dish's like mac&cheese,peas,carrots,ect.Sure hope this is ok for them they are doing fine.the qp is 2yrs an 1 tiel is 4yrs an the other is 10yrs. Does anyone else have meat eating bird's,or are mine just wierd.

Also have
2 rat terriers
2 ferrets
Thanks Vicki S. mellow.gif

#2 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

My guys enjoy meat as well, I just make sure it's not the fatty stuff (I don't give my birds hamburger, but they get other cuts of beef). While mac and cheese won't hurt them, keep it in moderation. Only a bit every few weeks. It does have a lot of dairy in it and our birds don't handle some dairy products very well.

#3 kalipso2

kalipso2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

Cricket is a big fan of chicken... when i make grilled chicken, we all eat it... my cats and my birds!

#4 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

Casey loves chicken and fish! biggrin.gif

#5 Vicki S.

Vicki S.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for all of your input,nice to know about the Hamburger,
an the dairy.
Vicki S.

#6 jobo2mi

jobo2mi

Here ... let me get that for you!

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

If Im eating ANYTHING I better plan on sharing!! dry.gif Chicken, turkey, hamburger, hot dogs, steak, pepperoni, pizza, cheese, crackers, whatever!!! THEY want it NOW!!! And if - heaven forbid - I don't let them have some, someone will come onto my plate and STEAL whatever she wants!! biggrin.gif Quaker, sun conure, IRN, caique, all will steal what I have. Budgies and tiels dont care.

I used to have a budgie that would eat whatever I was having. I have a pic somewhere of him on one side of the plate while I am eating supper from the other. He would jump on my Subway sub and chow down, whether I WANTED to share or not laugh.gif laugh.gif

So, no your birds aren't weird. They just want whatever YOU have laugh.gif laugh.gif

#7 gypsygal

gypsygal

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

All my birds love meat smile.gif The macaws will chew on a chicken or rib bone for an hour or more!