MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New Addition To Our Family!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

#141 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:57 PM

Jo, my mentor, was back yesterday so we went through the problems I was having with Izzie and she showed me how to overcome them.  She will also be put in a paddock in the next couple of weeks with her Shetland friends, Possum and Maggie.  Misty (the other horse in the paddock) hated Izzie but she has found a new forever home and should be going some time this week.  We need to work on Izzie's back legs a bit more but Jo has shown me what to do and I am confident that she will improve.  Jo said she would be very disappointed in me if I gave up on Izzie now.

#142 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

Took Izzie into the paddock with Maggie and Possum (both shetlands) and Dodger (an almost blind big horse).  She tried to boss everyone around but Possum chased her away.  The paddock is huge so she went to the other end where there are lots of trees.  I popped in this morning to see how she was going and the caretaker says that she thinks Izzie has become boss of the paddock.  I could walk up to her and put the halter on and we went for a grazing walk.  A couple of people think she may never have been with horses before so the group in the paddock will show her how to be a horse.  I am very proud of my little grey mare.

#143 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

I am VERY proud of you!!!!

It really warms my heart to see that your mentor thinks so highly of you and Izzie as a team.  How wonderful! wub.png

LOL Izzie is a mare, and they can be bossy, for sure!!  She'll be just fine, though. 

Cami is doing very well, I need to take some new pictures. :)

#144 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

Met the woman who caught Izzie.  She said it took 10 people and 1 horse to catch her and she was completely wild.  She was very surprised to see how much Izzie had changed and didn't believe it was her at first.  Izzie was perfectly wonderful yesterday.  I have the best pony in the world smile.png

#145 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

LOL And Izzie couldn't have asked for a better owner! :)

• Jan Cullen likes this