MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Sad Sunday

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Spoke to Claude's owner today who said he was making good progress. He was eating well and had been taken for a couple of short walks. The vet wasn't sure if they were going to operate on the pelvis or not. He was also concerned about the skin in case any more of it died. Have just got a text message to say that Claude is home. I will look forward to seeing this brave little dog.

#22 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Yay!!!!!!!! That's wonderful news!

#23 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

That is such wonderful news. I hope Claude fully recovers very quickly now that he's finally home. I've been thinking of all of you. Thanks for letting us know.

#24 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Saw Claude briefly this afternoon (I haven't been able to go and visit as I have a cold and don't want to pass it on to neighbours - don't mind passing it on to the people at work though). He is moving around really well. His fur is growing back nicely and he seems really happy. He had his stitches removed today. I am going for a visit tomorrow so I can spend some time with him. You wouldn't think he had been through so much drama. Both his owners are really happy he is home and doing so well.
  • Bene_Gesserit likes this

#25 ittlbittlbre

ittlbittlbre

Adv Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

We got our puppy fixed yesterday and I cried when she came home bc she was wimpering. She wanted to play but the pain and drugs enabled her desires. She is back to her crazy self today and I'm so happy for her!

#26 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for all your good wishes. Claude is now home and I saw him today. He looks like a bit of a patchwork dog on the side but the stitches are out and he is managing quite well. The vet has called him a Miracle Dog as they didn't think he would make it. Of course, Claude is getting lots of wonderful presents which is a bit overwhelming for his owners. It's good that this story has a happy ending.

#27 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Oh, Jan! I'm soooo happy for Claude and his family!!!!!!

You're a great person, for getting Claude to the vet so quickly. :)

#28 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

So very happy to hear that fantastic news!!!!!

#29 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just popped next door to see how Claude is going.  He is doing really well.  The fur has grown over the bald patch and he is now running.  He cannot jump up on the sofa or bed but he can jump down.  He has put on weight and is now back on guard dog duty.  His owners are thrilled with his progress and feel he is back to normal. He even tried to bite me because he is so protective of his "dad".  What a good ending to what could have been a tragic story.

• msdani1981 and Bene_Gesserit like this

#30 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Thank you for the update, Jan. So glad Claude is well on his way to being completely healthy again.