MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Greta's Eggs Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Greta is STILL setting those eggs. By my calculations, Christmas was three weeks and I figured by now she'd give up and go back to normal, but no such luck. Should I quietly dispose of them or let her be?

#2 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

Let her be.  While she is sitting on them she is not laying more.  Rebel sits on hers for about 6 weeks before she gives up.  I have taken the eggs out today so she can have an egg-free day.

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

She does come out and eat three or four times a day and stretches her legs and wings, and she still comes out and holds up her foot wen I tell her it's bedtime. Then she goes into her cage for a snack and right to bed like a good girl.

#4 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Pippin allows Rebel to get off the eggs twice a day so she can eat.  But I do give her an egg-free day every so often which allows her to eat at her leisure, have a bath and just gives her some time out away from the eggs.  But I usually put them back in within a day or 2 so she doesn't start laying again.

#5 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Neither of the boys seems at all interested in the eggs or what Greta does. When they were in her cage instead of behind the curtain, Freddie went in and turned them one day, but Johnny hasn't shown even that much interest. They spend most of their time tearing up their newspaper and playing tunnel under it, when they're not eating, which is their second favorite thing to do. LOL

#6 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Let her sit on them as long as she wants. At least she's not laying more, and everybody needs a hobby. unsure.png