MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Rest In Peace Little Man

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Puddintat

Puddintat

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Today I lost my Quaker, Lucky. I can't believe how much sorrow I am feeling right now. Since I rescued him 3 years ago I have felt that we didn't connect and have thought about rehoming him. I think I really never meant to do it. Then today he was taken away from me. I feel so guilty because I feel that it could have been prevented.

Lucky was sqwaking up a storm in the other room so I brought him and his jungle gym into the living room to be with me. Normally the other animals (dogs and cats) do not mess with him because they are afraid of him. I wasn't thinking that my recent adoptee cat used to be outside and probably killed birds. She went up to him and I repeatedly removed her. She went up one final time and swatted at him and he bit her. I figured this would be enough since that's all it took with the other cats. I was so wrong. Lucky took off flying and landed on the floor and before I knew it the cat jumped across the room and pounced on him.

I know this could've and should've been prevented. I feel so guilty. I'm just glad to know he died quickly and did not suffer. I can't believe how much I miss him already. I've decided to have him cremated. I don't know if I'll ever get another Quaker let alone another bird. Although, he was a mean little thing I will greatly miss him.

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

RIP Lucky. Posted Image

You may not have had the best relationship, but I'm sure he knew you :wub: him . Posted Image

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

So sorry for your loss.

#4 MrsBlackjack

MrsBlackjack

Adv Member

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

I'm so sorry :(

#5 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

How sad. Sometimes things happen so suddenly that we are unable to prevent them. I have learned not to say "I dont think I will get another ......". I have no doubt that you will find another little feathered friend to steal your heart away when the time is right.