MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Milo And His "Knotty Net"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Jamie

Miss Jamie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

This part of the forum doesn't seem to get quite as much action as the others but it was the most appropriate. =)

I made Milo a "Knotty Net" today for about $12 and 3 hours' work time to get it totally made and set up. I hit Lowe's for the rope ($3 per 50 ft, I got 2 spools) and a couple of washers ($1 ea). Then I hit Michael's craft store for plain wooden round beads with wide holes, and some bells ($5 or 6 for both together). I had the ladder at my house and took the regular hooks out of it so he wouldn't hurt himself on them, but dowels were at Michael's for 59 cents if you want to go that route.

Without further ado, here's some pics...

Attached File  milosnetside.JPG   233.49KB   27 downloads
I stretched it between his new playstand (gotten by the fiancee's mom Posted Image) and his cage.

Attached File  milosnet.JPG   157.87KB   23 downloads

The knots are a little sloppy but I got the hang of it by the end. Problem is the strings weren't all the same length! I'm not a crafty person so this doesn't surprise me.

Attached File  miloonnet.JPG   186.66KB   13 downloads

As you can see, Milo's pretty suspicious of this net business, even though I used extra rope to secure the underside and keep it from swaying etc. He's been munching on his millet spray for 15 minutes now, with one leg clinging to the bars of the cage and one leg on the net, stretching his neck as far as he can to avoid having to stand completely on the net! Silly bird. Posted Image

#2 Diane Doolittle

Diane Doolittle

Adv Member

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:23 PM

It looks great!:lol: I love it! And again.....he is darlinggggggggg :wub:

#3 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

:lol:I'm amazed he'll get anywhere near it this soon! Clyde would ignore it for weeks or until my tiel Freddie started to play with it. Freddie's the royal tester (taster, too) around here.

#4 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

I love anything homemade. It just seems that I can't think of things like this. Great job!

#5 Miss Jamie

Miss Jamie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

I love anything homemade. It just seems that I can't think of things like this. Great job!

I'm not an artsy or creative person at all--I always hated craft projects as a kid, haha! But this was really quite easy and inexpensive, I just followed the directions from Cheap Parrot Toys and Tips and they've got so many other ideas that look cool, too. =) If I can make it anyone can, hehe.

#6 KittyKitty

KittyKitty

Adv Member

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

He is so adorable, and BRAVE! What an amazing little boy! With his turtleneck on!