MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Pvc Glue...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hello all... First post here... Woo hoo...

Just got a Blue Quaker a few days ago, and he is such a sweet baby... About 4 months old...

It has become apparant to me that he definately needs more to play on then what's inside and outside his cage... So I'm going to build something out of PVC like so many people here have done... I've gotten a lot of ideas, however the one question I have is how to keep the PVC together... I've read so much about the pro's and con's of glue, but I'm still confuzzled... Can someone please let me know what the best method is to keep the PVC from coming apart....

Also, I've read about sissil rope and vet wrap... What's the best way to attach the sissil rope???

I need suggestions...

Thanks...

Christopher

#2 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Welcome to the forum! Alot of people use the "vet wrap" tape to keep PVC together. You could look in the forum " in the DIY section.....

#3 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:27 PM

I wouldn`t use Glue...I think most that build play stands with PVC tube get corner attachment T`s etc to join the pipes....(I hope you know what I mean as I don`t really know what they are called.. smile.gif )

#4 Joven76

Joven76

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yes... I know what you mean by the connectors... They make a PVC Cement, but I know that it is very toxic... I may just try to assemble it and see how sturdy it is without the glue...

Edited by Joven76, 10 October 2009 - 10:10 AM.

#5 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

We've built one without any glues etc. and it stays together fine smile.gif But my friend uses a glue gun (away from the birds) and since the glue is all on the inside and they can't get to it, that's fine too. smile.gif

Welcome to the forum! biggrin.gif