MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Toy Ideas For Pvc Gym

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Annah

Annah

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

I need some ideas for toys.. I just finished the basic set up for our new gym, but it's almost totally bare. I need some ideas for toys to make. Kiwi really seems to like chewing toys. He will play with things that he can slide around. He seems to really like gnawing on sisal rope too. He doesn't seem too fond of paper for shredding, but I think he will be, by the way he goes after the rope. And he likes to untie knots.

So far I have built a pvc swing, attached with sisal rope, and I wrapped the perch part with rope also. I still need to get some type of covering for the pvc as well, but I didn't want to do the wrapping until i was certain I'm done with the shape.

So, what kinds of toys would your idea bird gym have?

#2 Lisa Barnes

Lisa Barnes

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

How about a tooth brush? I've read that some like them. pop stickes make great toys.

#3 Elvis'Mom

Elvis'Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

I just supposely finished ELVIS' play tree - I say supposely because I wasn't happy with the toys I had on it - I think they will be changed a lot!

Anyway - I went to WalMart today and bought some - pop sickle sticks (will dye with food coloring) and those plastic baby thingys that hang toys. Also the Dollar Store has rope toys - in the dog section - and the natural wreath's.

#4 Cajuntater

Cajuntater

CajunTater

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Anyone have pics of there stands to share?

#5 Annah

Annah

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

oh.. some good ideas.. I have some leftover popsicle sticks from a craft project from like 2 years ago! I also have some extra stir sticks, like the kind for paint. I guess they'd be good if I cut them up too. I have some cake icing colors too, think I read can use those. Have some odd colors lefover from my son's grave digger (monster truck) cake last year. lol

Boy, I am so not original- I even have those baby links here! *duh*

I highly doubt I'm done with the gym, it just looks to plain. It's about 2' by 2' square, and about 5' tall so far, although the levels don't start until 3' from the ground. Not sure what I want to add, but it's so danged big, I should be able to come up with something exciting. Right now it's basically a bunch of places to walk, and ramps to get from level to level. Need some more connectors though, before I can do anything else.

#6 loriwoo

loriwoo

Adv Member

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

I go to the Good WIll store and buy baskets,, they run from 29 cents to 2 dollars. I hang the baskets all over T-Birds tree and then I put things in them, paper to shred, wooden dowels, wrapped almond slivers, wrapped pumpkin seeds, plastic chains, etc. so he can dig through them.
he can chew on the baskets too! It makes a great addition to any cage or tree.
Lori

#7 zoemc

zoemc

Adv Member

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

I love the idea of the baskets! I'll be keeping my eyes out for some next time I am out.