MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Lookit The Jolly Ball I Made :)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Yogi's_mom

Yogi's_mom

bird nerds of the world unite :)

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hey everyone smile.gif

Today I was home and making toys for Abby (african grey), and the boys. I was running out of ideas and then remembered I had a dog jolly ball I bought at the pet store.

I'd given up on ever finding a jolly ball that was for fids in my area and then found one for dogs whoohoo

Here is the finished product lol. I wrote Frankie's name and breed in little cubes on one side, and Yogi's on the other hehehe

Attached File  jolly_ball_001.JPG   695.44KB   127 downloads Attached File  jolly_ball_002.JPG   711.71KB   102 downloads Attached File  jolly_ball_003.JPG   696.72KB   72 downloads Attached File  jolly_ball_005.JPG   714.31KB   63 downloads

Frankie climbed into it as soon as it was up, but Yogi stayed a few levels below lol. I had to put him up to it in order to get a picture.

I think he'll get used to it pretty quick though, because he's already muttering at Frankie wink.gif

Jealousy is a great inducer to try new things rofl

#2 longawaitedquaker

longawaitedquaker

Adv Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

Aww that is so cool looking.......you did a great job! I wouldn't even be able to tell it was originally meant for dogs smile.gif

#3 Majj

Majj

Marion aka Majj

• Members
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

Looks good I am glad they like it.. smile.gif

#4 Yogi's_mom

Yogi's_mom

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the nice compliment smile.gif

Majj.. thanks to you and Julie, I was able to figure out how to hang it and add toys to it.

Frankie loved it straight away, and Yogi ventured up to the edge tonight so I'm sure it won't be long before they are fighting over who gets to play in it laugh.gif

#5 MRSKOUBiK

MRSKOUBiK

Adv Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

Wow, you did a great job!

#6 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

WoW! I think you did a wonderful job! Glad your Fids are enjoying it!

#7 LuvMyHarley1

LuvMyHarley1

Harley's Mom Julie

• Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

Well Debbie Do---I guess when you kinda have to depend on yourself for a lot of things, you learn to do most anything girl... tongue.gif What a remarkable job you did there; maybe you ought to get started in that kind of business.. rolleyes.gif The Jack of All Trades....I love it... smile.gif

#8 Yogi's_mom

Yogi's_mom

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (LuvMyHarley1 @ Sep 6 2009, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Debbie Do---I guess when you kinda have to depend on yourself for a lot of things, you learn to do most anything girl... tongue.gif What a remarkable job you did there; maybe you ought to get started in that kind of business.. rolleyes.gif The Jack of All Trades....I love it... smile.gif

hah.. I hear ya Julie re having to depend on yourself lol. I know more about working with tools than working with knitting needles and crochet hooks biggrin.gif:

ahem Jill of all trades and mistress of none tongue.gif laugh.gif

I like it and the birds do, but I never be brave enough to start selling them but thanks for the compliment smile.gif

#9 CosmoKramer04

CosmoKramer04

Adv Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

Whats the diameter of the ball you used?

#10 Yogi's_mom

Yogi's_mom

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (CosmoKramer04 @ Sep 6 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats the diameter of the ball you used?

hey Zach

Diameter is 32"

Deb

p.s. weighed the fids today.. yogi is 90 grams, and Frankie is 65 grams. So he's quite a bit smaller than Yogi. How much does your gcc weigh?

#11 CosmoKramer04

CosmoKramer04

Adv Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

Hmm I was at the pet store today and they had dog jolley balls but they were too small dry.gif
Would have been perfect for a budgie though. I think Im just gonna make them a big boing for now,

And I do not have a scale to weigh my birdies on but I am gonna try to pick one up tongiht smile.gif I need one cause im afraid my poor Cosmo is gonna starve himself to death while im trying to convert him to pellets.. Little devil hates the things.

#12 Casey's Mom

Casey's Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,358 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

It looks great Deb! smile.gif They are going to have lots of fun with it! smile.gif

#13 LuvMyHarley1

LuvMyHarley1

Harley's Mom Julie

• Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Yogi's_mom @ Sep 6 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hah.. I hear ya Julie re having to depend on yourself lol. I know more about working with tools than working with knitting needles and crochet hooks biggrin.gif :

ahem Jill of all trades and mistress of none tongue.gif laugh.gif

I like it and the birds do, but I never be brave enough to start selling them but thanks for the compliment smile.gif

I hear ya Jill of all trades.... laugh.gif I stand corrected...well anyway---it looks great and I know what you mean by having to depend on yourself...I've been in the same boat... huh.gif

#14 Yogi's_mom

Yogi's_mom

• Members
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (LuvMyHarley1 @ Sep 7 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear ya Jill of all trades.... laugh.gif I stand corrected...well anyway---it looks great and I know what you mean by having to depend on yourself...I've been in the same boat... huh.gif

laugh.gif at least in our boats we know where we put the oars Julie.. cuz we put em back when we're done with them rofl

QUOTE (Casey's Mom @ Sep 6 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks great Deb! smile.gif They are going to have lots of fun with it! smile.gif

C.M.. they both love the jolly ball smile.gif
They actually love it soooo much that I have to pry Yogi off my finger when I make him come down from there dry.gif

It's his little castle I guess, and with no moat to keep me away he has resorted to being the bitey bird when he isn't quite ready to leave the castle hehehe