MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Posting Links Question?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

When I post a link, it might look like MY PAGE Because it's not blue, many people don't realize it's a LINK. How do I set a default, that will make all of my posted links "BLUE"?

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Even better, can YOU set a default, that makes posted links blue???????? ;)

Edited by jaytee, 24 August 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#3 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

No you can't set a default ...

I guess I could change the CSS that stipulates the colour of a active or visited link ... but that would mean changing the CSS (code) each time there is an update to forum that would create an update to the skin. There really is no rule that suggests a link should be blue ... it just depends on the individual site ...

Links in this skin are set to include an underline ... not sure how anyone can not see that it is a link ...

#4 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for a quick response. :) On most web pages, an attached link, is "usually" blue. In most Emails, an attached link, is blue. There are a lot of computer illiterate here. :lol: If it's not blue, they don't see it as a link. :wacko: :lol:

I'm just thinking out loud. :rolleyes: Can I make each, individual link blue?

#5 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Well most "stock" sites may have blue as a default for links because they are open source and can't be changed or the admin doesn't know how to change it. Same applies for email programs.... Many designers will choose what their links will look like based on a theme they are using .. and I personally hate the standard blue ... lol

No you can't colour the links yourself because when the page is refreshed the link will revert to the colour identified in the the CSS (style sheet for site)

Having said that, I have changed the CSS to show links in blue and hover in orange ... I don't think it looks too bad .. were you hoping for something bluer ... I really don't want them to stand out like a sore thumb ... Posted Image

#6 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

No, I wasn't looking for any particular shade of blue, just something that points it out as a LINK. I didn't realize your changes would change the whole site :blush: ...but, thanks. :)

Edited by jaytee, 24 August 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#7 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

If,....... you're OK with the new look, you can delete THIS POST. ;)

#8 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

Yeh I was playing with the CSS and I don't like the affect on the entire forum (ie all links)

So built a reference in CSS specific to what is in post .. which would include signatures but that is ok .. You should also be able to colour your links yourself now and it should maintain what you do ...

Let me know if you are seeing something differently ... Having said that .. I have only looked in IE so far and will check it out in FF and Safari when I get home

#9 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Posted Image DEE! :D

#10 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

You're welcome ... If you notice it revert back let me know ... Almost all upgrades affect the skin and I will import the original CSS which won't have these changes ...