MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Shewantslight

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shewantslight

shewantslight

Adv Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

1. What is your first name and general location? My first name is Lisa and I live in Michigan.

2. What do you do for a living? I don't have a job but I write.

3. What are your (other!) hobbies? I like reading, taking naps, listening to/downloading music, researching topics of interest, reading the news, journaling/blogging.

4. Share something interesting about you.:: I was born in Germany but moved to America when I was about 5.

5. What is your biggest passion within the subject of birds/bird keeping? I don't know, really. I just love birds. I love learning about them, finding out new things pertaining to them, interacting with them, so and so forth.

6. What species are your birds, and how did they get their names? I have parakeets and am picking up a quaker parrot in a week. My parakeets are named Louis (the vampire), Sunny, Romeo and Juliet. My quaker's totally strong and sophisticated name :P is Fizzgig.

7. What is the favorite toy for your flock? I'm not too sure. But Sunny is obsessed with mirrors. The rest don't have favorites, from what it looks like. :mellow:

8. What is your flock's favorite food? No clue, to be honest. I've tried feeding them all sorts of things but they've avoided it all. ;_; I'm hoping Fizzgig develops a liking for a few things apart from his pellets.

9. Share a favorite bird story. The other day I let my parakeets out to fly in my room. Sunny ended up being the only brave one to do anything. She flew around my room, tried escaping through the (closed) window, hid behind bottles on my dresser and then sat on a Nyamy cat chair on top of my armoire. I finally got her to 'step up' onto a comb and then onto my finger several times. It was pretty nice until she flew off again. =(

10. How long have you been keeping birds? Since last year in June.

11. What sparked your interest in them? Taking home ducks in my senior year in high school. Ever since then, anything with feathers attracts me. o_o

#2 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:12 PM

My parakeets are named Louis (the vampire)...

I can't recall the name of the vampire movie.... Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise, which one was Louis?

#3 shewantslight

shewantslight

Adv Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:04 AM

I can't recall the name of the vampire movie.... Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise, which one was Louis?

It was called Interview With The Vampire: Vampire Chronicles.
Brad Pitt was Louis. (I imdb'd it. I couldn't remember at all)
I love that movie more than words can describe. =) I've read only two of the books in the series from Anne Rice and am working on reading the rest. They're quite a heavy read but they're wonderful. So much happened in the book that wasn't brought on the big screen, as is with every movie that was based off of some story or another.

Edited by shewantslight, 06 September 2010 - 03:05 AM.