MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Getting Kiwi Back After Almost Two Years...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kiwi is Very Green

Kiwi is Very Green

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I got Kiwi in 2005. In 2011, my husband and I separated, and I was not able to bring him to the apartment where I moved. I moved in with my boyfriend, near the end of 2012. About two weeks ago, Kiwi moved in Posted Image For nearly two years I did not have Kiwi, and during this time, I barely saw him. I would occasionally go to my ex's house to drop things off, pick things up, etc. However, when I did go there, I didn't visit with Kiwi because it actually hurt me too much-- I missed him, and I was too sad that I wasn't able to bring him with me. My ex did not interact with him on the level that I do. He would talk to him sometimes, and sometimes take him out of the cage, but overall, there wasn't too much interaction. Anyway, it seems that after almost two years, Kiwi remembered exactly who I am. I visited with him two times before I took him back with me, just to see how he would react, and get him used to being with me. Kiwi, who has always been very selective in terms of who he decides to like, immediately cuddled up to me, and enjoyed his head scratches. Posted Image Upon bringing Kiwi home with me, he immediately settled in, and took quite a liking to my boyfriend! The most amazing part is that Kiwi uses all the words and sounds that he would make, back when he was with me, prior to 2011. Immediately, he went back to imitating my laugh, as soon as I laugh; pretending to take a dramatic breath in, as I normally do that before I attack him with kisses; whispering his name; mumbling birdie language when I have him sitting on me while I'm trying to have a conversation; and more. The size of a bird brain is quite small, but the information and memory that is retained is amazing! I am so thrilled to have Kiwi back with me. I also have a Maximillian Pionus and a Meyers. The Pionus will be moving in with me soon enough, and the Meyers, who adores my ex (for some reason, lol), will be staying with him.

Edited by Kiwi is Very Green, 23 May 2013 - 05:46 PM.

• Otisandskittles, Bene_Gesserit, Rexley and Molly and 1 other like this

#2 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

That's a lovely story. Glad Kiwi is back with you.

#3 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

:) so glad his back with u.my mom had 2 tiels and every morning when I saw him he will make a kiss noise.my mom gave them to a breeder cos they kept having chicks anyway long story short 4 years later I went to see them and the male tiel made the same kiss noise as he saw me :D the breeder said his never done that. they very clever and they have great memories I bet after 11 years if I take spiggy to the lady I got him from he would know who she is :D..

#4 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Ps sounds like kiwi approves of the new bf :D

#5 Birdysue

Birdysue

Adv Member

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Glad u two r back together!

#6 bird-man-iac

bird-man-iac

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

fantastic birdie story i am very happy for you and your little fid and your new boyfriend. that is a real blessing.thankyou for sharing