MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Jade Is Certifiably Nuts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Jade is now flying at (not "to") me at least once a day and landing on me somewhere, and not always an appropriate place. Day before yesterday, she landed on the earpiece of my glasses and chomped my eyebrow. Yesterday, she landed in my hair, and ended up hanging upside down like a bat. I waited for her to fly back to her cage, or do something, and she just hung there, upside down. So I offered a finger, because in the past when she was in enough difficulty, she has actually stepped up. Apparently, this did not qualify, because she bit my finger. Not hard. Then she flew back to her cage. All I can conclude is that hanging upside down from my hair like a bat is what she INTENDED to do.

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

LOL!!!

#3 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

This is from awhile ago...Zach and I were in the living room and Chewy flew into the office...when he didn't come back we went looking for him and........

Posted Image

He wasn't making any noise or anything, so we figured he must have intended to hang upside down in the closet. Before Zach rescued him I grabbed my camera and snapped a photo. :)

That was one of Chewy's most certifiably nutty moments. :)

#4 Mai

Mai

Adv Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

LOL! That is pretty funny. Definitely a lot of personality

#5 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

A new species of quaker has been discovered - Batbird.
  • Bene_Gesserit, Mai and ittlbittlbre like this

#6 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Glad Chewy gave you time to get the camera, that pic is adorable.

Harry hangs from the top of her cage sometimes and lately she slides all the way down the bars upside down until her head hits the grate. I thought she was letting the blood run to her brain so she could think of better ways to abuse me.

Siobhan I read all of Jades stories. She's my hero. She gives me hope for my little monster angel. Harry flew at me for the first time the other day with her beak wide open and thankfully landed on the side of my head and not in my face. Do you think Jade could be at least considering sitting on your shoulder since she flies at you almost every day now?

#7 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

She usually does land on my shoulder when she flies at me. She did that today. She'll land there and sit there saying "whee hee" and pulling my hair or chomping at my shoulder -- and I have a sunburn at the moment, so that's lots of fun for both of us -- so when she ends up hanging from my hair or my glasses I figure she just missed.