MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Considering Cage Swapping

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

All my birds have their own cages. They spend all day outside of them as a rule. So the size of the cage isn't nearly as important as it would be if they had to spend a lot of time locked up. 

That being said, Ringo has a huge flight cage that formerly belonged to the budgies, before Benjy decided to be tame (it was HIS decision) so he could come out and I had a chance of putting him back in at night. So he's got a small cage now to sleep in. Ringo lives in the back bedroom with my lizard and his worms. It's not a very big room, and that huge cage, though she does use all of it in her bouncing around and playing, takes a lot of floor space. I am considering moving her back into her first cage, and either selling the big one or giving it to Freddie and Johnny to share and selling their cages. Freddie and Johnny are best buds and do everything together and spend a large portion of their days together in one of their cages playing and tearing up their newspaper. Near bedtime, they usually take up posts in one cage or the other and start settling down to sleep, but that's with the door open. I don't know what they'd think of having to spend the whole night locked in the same cage. I suppose I could do a trial run and if it doesn't seem to be working out, put things back the way they are now. I'm just trying to figure out a way to save a little work and one fewer cage to clean would be nice, as well as having some of that floor space back in the back bedroom. That's also the room where I keep my clothes and dressing table and do my music practicing. 

#2 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

I hope the trial run goes well. They may actually love having a bunk mate and less work/more room seems worth the effort!

• Bene_Gesserit likes this

#3 Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Sharyn and Mr Piggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

fewer cages = less time cleaning them!

#4 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

Until the house is put back together after our most recent mess (water heater died, and to replace it, we also had to replace some electrical wiring), nobody's even been out of their cages.