MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Sudden Biting Behavior? Help Please...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 djangothequaker

djangothequaker

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Hello,
Inhave had djando for 18 months now. He is a loving wonderful bird, he talks, sunggles gives us kisses and shakes iur hands and even dances. Hes a pro at step up and has recently learnt to call our dog tonhisnoutsodr cage!
Unfortunately over the last 2 weeks he has decided that he wanys to bite me, just me, not my husband....
he will go from sunggling in my scalf to biting my ear without warning, but over the last week he gets all agitated, lies his feathers flat and goes kind of skittish before he bites me.
I haven't changed the way I handle him or talk to him and when he bites me I push him off balance to make him let go instead of pulling away (but it bloody hurts!)
I have also been trying to give him sunflower seeds when hes in a good mood and he gets put back in his cage when hes skittish.
What would have started this behavior and how can I stop it from continuing. I hate it when he bites me, we were such good friends until 2 weeks ago and I dont want him to learn that it's ok to bite me.
any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.