MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Is There A Non-Toxic Disenfectant To Clean Cage And Toys With

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Esther C

Esther C

Scampy1kat

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

I have to get Pico's cage ready and toys for my new baby Quaker and I was wondering if there was something else that would sanitize and relly clean Pico's cage and toy's so the new bird wouldn't catch something if Pico had something catching????

#2 headfeathermistress

headfeathermistress

Adv Member

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

Bleach solution? I would be worried if you don't know why your other bird passed.
Lots of bird stores carry commercial cleaners especially for bird cages etc. Check your local shop

#3 jaytee

jaytee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), or a Bleach Water solution are both great cleaners, and disinfectants. Both, also, promote rust, rinse very well. ;) Toys, ladders, perches can be placed in the dishwasher with ACV, but I agree with Christa's concern. Without knowing the reason, you could be bringing a new fid into a bad environment. :blush: With a new fid on the way, a Necropsy may be in order. Posted Image

#4 Esther C

Esther C

Scampy1kat

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

i had him to 3 different vets. They couldn't find out what was wrong. I have disenfected with viniger and put toys in dishwasher and viniger. I will have the baby on a very healthy diet and all will be well. I have a very good envirement for my bird and believe me my new baby will be very, very spoiled. It couldn't have a better home.............................................

I am getting a new cage..a stainless steel one too and I bought all new rope perches.

#5 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

After our tiel pass away the avain vet said throw all toys away and replace perches only thing you can keep is stainless steel bowls and clean the cage with F10 solution

#6 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Ps I'm so sorry for your loss.