MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Happy Holidays

Posted by echo , 27 December 2010 · 2,605 views

Good morning all,

In my last post, I attempted to explain what was happening (had happened) in our fid's life. Sadly, this story does not have a happy ending. Echo passed away on December 9, 2010.

My hubby and I had spent the entire day with him and we were so excited because he seemed to be having a wonderful time with us, playing and snuggling. We'd put him back into his cage so we could make dinner that evening and then noticed a moment later that he didn't look quite right.

We took his cage apart in order to get him out and held him and talked to him, but he only wanted to snuggle up to my neck and sleep. My hubby noticed Echo was licking my neck, about an hour later, and we continued to talk sweetly to him, but we could see that he was leaving us. Then he was gone.

We are so saddened to lose both of our sweet babies. All we can hope for is that they are together again on the other side, happy.

Thank you all for the companionship and support you've offered us over the years, helping us create what we hope was a wonderful life for our little fellow, Echo.

Sincerely,
Echo's mom,
Amy

Echo's stats: Lived for just about 13 years. Had no illnesses in his little life. Required no medications. Handfed by us (novices) from six weeks of age, approximately. Wings clipped once, then never again. Echo was well traveled; traveled the US extensively with my hubby and I, and his big sister, Chessy. His vocabulary included 'Mommy' 'Echo' 'Chessy' 'Hello' 'Night-night' 'Love you' 'Bye-bye' 'Momma's Baby' 'Good boy' and more, but his most impressive vocalization was his laughter. Echo laughed at things he found funny and it was the most amazing and delightful thing we've ever listened to, to date.

Echo died six months and one day following the death of his dearly loved sister (little dog named Chessy - 15-16 years of age.). Echo never stopped walking the house looking for Chessy after she died, though he was present when she passed away in my hubby's arms - from old age.

A special note to anyone considering ownership of a Quaker Parrot:

If you think you'd enjoy owning a Quaker Parrot and feel you can give them a good home filled with love, excitement and affection - and some great big strawberries from time to time - you should know this, they are wonderful creatures who can fill your home with love and laughter, capture your imagination and steal your heart away. We are heartbroken, but if we had a chance to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing about our decision to bring little Echo into our lives and our hearts. I hope you enjoy the same wonderful experiences we did with our tiny feathered fellow.

Photo
Carrie~Anne
Jan 06 2011 03:59 PM
Oh, Amy, I am so sorry this didn't have a good ending :(
OK!I think every thing will be OK. Don't worry about it.<a href="http://www.hotjersey...rseys2011.com"> cheap jerseys </ a> <br>Nothing is impossible.<a href="http://www.cheapnflj...rseyszone.com"> cheap nfl jerseys </ a> <br>cheap jerseys

cheap nfl jerseys

Oh, Amy, I am so sorry this didn't have a good ending :(

Thank you Carrie Anne. I haven't visited since this post. My hubby and I just stopped in to see one of Echo's stories and saw your note. I hope all is well with you and your fids.
Hi Amy,

I hadn't been here in a very long time, and the other day I was thinking of your blog and decided I would stop by to see what new adventures sweet Echo had been up to.

I'm not sure if you'll even see this, but I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading about Echo's adventures and how much joy it brought me when I would read your blog.

My heart goes out to you.. I will miss hearing about Echo.

Well I seem to be a little misty eyed and need to go now.

Hugs
Debbie and Yogi xo

Hi Amy,I hadn't been here in a very long time, and the other day I was thinking of your blog and decided I would stop by to see what new adventures sweet Echo had been up to.I'm not sure if you'll even see this, but I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading about Echo's adventures and how much joy it brought me when I would read your blog.My heart goes out to you.. I will miss hearing about Echo. Well I seem to be a little misty eyed and need to go now.HugsDebbie and Yogi xo

Hugs right back at you and your little Yogi, Debbie! I haven't been on this site in forever and fifty days, but I was thinking of you just this morning, so I dropped in to see if you'd been around. I hope you are well and happy.

Hi Amy,I hadn't been here in a very long time, and the other day I was thinking of your blog and decided I would stop by to see what new adventures sweet Echo had been up to.I'm not sure if you'll even see this, but I wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading about Echo's adventures and how much joy it brought me when I would read your blog.My heart goes out to you.. I will miss hearing about Echo. Well I seem to be a little misty eyed and need to go now.HugsDebbie and Yogi xo

November 2019

S M T W T F S
1011 12 13141516

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

user(s) viewing

members, guests, anonymous users