MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Just Found This One Too!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DebraH

DebraH

Adv Member

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

1. What is your first name and general location? Debra and I live in East Texas

2. What do you do for a living? I drive a school bus

3. What are your other hobbies? I cross stitch and have an outdoor camera that is trained on my wild bird feeding station

4. Share something interesting about you. There's not much to tell. I enjoy my job and the time off it affords me. lol. I've been married to my best friend for the past 17 years.

5. What is your biggest passion with the subject of birds/bird keeping? I don't really have one single passion about them. They are so unlike any other pet I've had. After 11 years of having birds, I'm still learning and feel as if I'm a novice at them.

6. What species are your birds and how did they get their names? Well, Frankie and Amber are my quakers. Frankie is actually named for St. Francis while Amber came to me with that name and since she says it all the time we couldn't bear to change it. Lucy is an eclectus and is named such because of her beautiful red feathers. My cockatiels -- well Bloke and Sydney are named from Austrailia names, Jesse is named for my grandfather, Bobby -- well he just looks like a Bobby, and Yellow Rose and Big Tex are Texas names that their previous owner named them.

7. What is the favorite toy of your flock? I'd have to say anything with a bell.

8. What is your flocks favorite food? Anything we are eating. lol

9. Share a favorite bird story. You'll have to give me a bit to think of one

10. How long have you been keeping birds? Since 2003

11. What sparked your interest in them? Ha! My daughter wanted some, her grandfather bought them, I ended up taking care of them.

#2 Bene_Gesserit

Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I love that you named Lucy because of her feather color!