MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Time Of Year For Baby Quakers?

baby quakers spring time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 storrcatt

storrcatt

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hi Everybody,

I've been a lurker off and on a while. Decided a quaker is a good bird for me, I badly want a quaker, first one, then later another and maybe babies if all goes well.

I almost had a quaker that talks and is sweet, but the person on craigslist must have sold him out from under me to someone else, I am bummed. Was going to be my christmas presie to myself. I sold my larger parrot, going to replace her, cuz my indian ringneck is also lonesome and I miss my blue crown conure. So I got my indian ringneck a flightsuit for christmas

and going to wait for baby quakers, in the Spring, Just wondering, how long do I hafta wait? I want one NOW!

I know, I sound like a baby, but I am really down.

What time of year is best to buy a baby quaker?

And,

When is there alot of babies for sale? April? May? I can hardly wait!

And,

Where to buy one, Craigslist?

Thank You

Trish

#2 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Welcome to the Forum. smile.png I've actually seen baby Quakers available at different times of the year; there was a  Craigslist ad just three weeks ago from a breeder in the Southern Tier of New York State. There may be breeders located in your area, and they may advertise on Craigslist or other classified ad sites. Maybe someone on the Forum could point you in the right direction too-- you didn't mention where you live, but the Forum members are all around the U.S. (and lots of other places too biggrin.png ).

#3 storrcatt

storrcatt

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi CnyGuy,,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I've been a lurker & have enjoyed reading here and learning alot, this place is loaded with info and ideas.

I was thinking quakers can be bred and babies available year round.

But, was wondering when is the most babies available?

I'm looking for quakers to buy, any breeders or someone wanting to rehome a quaker near Oregon?

I'm close to Portland and Vanc, so some areas in WA is easy to get to.

Even chat with someone that has Quakers near me (quaker friends) in Oregon?

Thanks everybody!

I'm actually friendly and smily in person, easy to talk to.

Have a very Merry Christmas Everybody!

~A soon to be quaker mommy, hopefully~

Trish

#4 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

There are some Forum members in your part of the country; maybe they'll have some ideas for you. This site has a listing of bird breeders in Oregon-- there might be something there too: http://birdbreeders....eedersinOR.aspx Meanwhile, try to be patient and keep watching the classified ads. smile.png

#5 storrcatt

storrcatt

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Thank you for that link to bird breeders, those are great, I will check out Yvonne's in North Plains, that is close to me, almost 45 minute drive, not bad at all. And I'll keep my eye's on the classifieds, not giving up. This forum is awsome!!

Santa brought my indian ringneck a flight suit & lanyard, she gets to open it in the morning, it should be very funny.

No more pooping on mommy, (hopefully).

Merry Christmas Everyone!

• Cindi&Jeriel likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baby quakers, spring time