MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Major Bushfires In The Blue Mountains, Nsw, Australia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Dont know if anyone overseas has heard, but we have major bushfires across the state.  There are currently 3 burning in the Blue Mountains which cannot be controlled.  They have been burning since last Wednesday.  The biggest fear is that they will join up and cause major destruction of the Mountains and travel towards the Sydney basin - last night on the news they said that 30,000 hectares had been burnt out - it is probably more today.  Over 200 homes have been destroyed.  So far only one loss of life.  I cant even think about the pets and wildlife destroyed by these fires.  Our weather conditions are deteriorating and they are expecting the worst.  My heart goes out to all those poor people who can never go home again and for all they have lost.  Some people only escaped with the clothes they were wearing.  The people fighting the fires are heroes - each and everyone of them.  There are helicopters water bombing the fires and the fire crews on the ground are truly amazing.  Please say prayers that we get some rain as that is the only way that the fires can be stopped.

#2 Cindi&Jeriel

Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Praying for all affected by the fires and for rainfall. Take care and Blessings to you!

#3 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Prayers coming to everyone involved.  This is heartbreaking news... :(

#4 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

So sorry to hear about the fires. You are so right about the heroes. Special thanks to everyone working to get the fires under control. Positive thoughts to everyone involved.

#5 jobo2mi

jobo2mi

Here ... let me get that for you!

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Another year of Aussie fires :(  I  have friends down under and they are safe ... so far .... but the devastation in NSW is horrific! I fear for everyone there ...........

#6 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

There are still fires burning in NSW.  The 2 major ones at Lithgow and Springwood have downgraded but it is thought they will burn for weeks unless we get a decent downpour of rain.  It is just devastating - people have lost their homes, their businesses - cant even bear to think about the pets and wildlife that have perished.  But out of tragedy comes shining examples of the selflessness of people - the firefighters, medical teams, animal welfare groups and the general public - all helping those who have lost so much.  These fires have been burning for over a week and people in some areas are on high alert all the time.  Some townships have been cut off as they didnt go when told and the fires are burning along the exit roads.  It is just all so tragic.  The Lithgow fire was started on the army site - they were playing with explosives.  The Springwood fire was started by fallen power lines.  A lot of the other fires have been lit by children and teenagers - I will say no more on this.