MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Fids Say The Darnedest Thing!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Cheekys mum

Cheekys mum

Adv Member

• Members
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Well my Sun conure fell off her cage the
other day onto the floor and Cheeky our
QP said "step up" lol that was funny!

#22 Lucky13

Lucky13

Adv Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

All those are so cute and adorable. I can't wait to get my little Quaker baby and hear him say his first words!

#23 NewQuakerMom

NewQuakerMom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:52 PM

Sonny, my adopted Grey, used to live in a house with a man and his wife. The wife was a bit klutzy and when she would trip or drop something she would shriek and the husband would call "You OK?" Sonny imitates the both of them: first the wife shrieking, then the husband asking if she is ok (in female and male voices, respectively). It's hilarious laugh.gif

#24 Birdlover_24

Birdlover_24

I Love my Dalton!!!

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

LMAO. all your birds syings are soo funny espescially that buttcrack one.. Thats bad but funny. smile.gif I wish i could share one with all of you but unfortunatly im still anxiously waiting for my little one to arrive. i cant wait. Do all quakers talk? I hope mine says funny little things too.

#25 burdie

burdie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

well , i just had to add what Rico has to say here, we ended up with rico about a year or so ago, and well, i was still working on my potty mouth, and not used to having a bird that can and will repeat things. I had gone in and given Rico a treat one day, and he ate his treat while on my shoulder , then walked down towards my elbow and promptly bit me. I of course responded with "oh my god what the "bleep" I give you a treat and ya bit me, well..... 3 weeks later company comes from out of town.... Rico greets them (in his cage) and goes Pretty boy pretty boy what the bleep! He also barks like the dogs, tells them to go to the kennel, yells MOM to get my attention, and or each and every kids name to get their attention.

#26 GeorgiaOnMyMind

GeorgiaOnMyMind

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Grace, my congo grey, talks a blue streak. But usually she clams up for strangers...

The other day my sister that I don't like so much invited herself over and was being a little pushy with the birds. She doesn't always listen when I say "That means so and so doesn't want to be held" or "Don't pick up so and so because they have been bitey today" or whatever.

Well, I told her to leave Pablo alone because he was sick and had been very naughty all day. But she started walking over to his cage anyway. And then Grace said, clear as a bell, "Don't do it! Don't do it!"

And I started laughing, which annoyed my sister, so she put her hand out for Pablo, and Grace said "No! No! NOOOOO!" The third time she was REALLY loud.

It was too funny.

Then my sister picked up Pablo (can't take a hint, huh?) and he bit her!

I love my birds wink.gif

#27 jobo2mi

jobo2mi

Here ... let me get that for you!

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

OOOOOOOOOOo that is too funny!! laugh.gif laugh.gif So did you bite your tongue or did you say "They told you so!!!" laugh.gif laugh.gif

#28 tikileahsmom

tikileahsmom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:00 AM

Boy I need to read these everyday. It's quite a pick-me-upper
my tummy hurts from laughing so hard!!!!

Tobias my CAG says alot of things when he wants to, but one day we had a living room full of teenagers and he told them "Stop smoking cigarettes!" Nobody is allowed to smoke in my house but maybe they smelled like smoke. I know that his previous owners, the husband smoked and had emphazema so I'm sure Tobias had heard the guys wife say that to him alot.
tikileahsmom

#29 rednecksdoitbest

rednecksdoitbest

Adv Member

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:13 AM

Billy say's allot of stuff but my all time favorite so far anyway was the other day
when him and my b/f were on the floor playing and i was video taping him , Tryin to get his Chicken sounds on tape ( already got his duck and dog sounds)

and Billy asked my Boyfriend " whatcha doing?" My boyfriend replied with " tryin to get you to make a chicken sound, What are you doing?" Billy replies: " I don't know, I don't know" while running around in circles bobbing his head

Now i've only had him since June 17th BUT that's the 1st time i've ever heard him say " I don't know " and he said it plain as day

and if it was not somthing he said before ( i adopted him from a member of this site and he's 12 yrs old) I can almost garuntee he picked that one up from one or both of my kids,
since that is thier answer to almost every question they get asked and they're 7 & 9 1/2 LOL

#30 bakerkl1

bakerkl1

Adv Member

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

Lyric (Quaker) and I were at the local bird shop for our grooming appointment. The shop owner had her large Cockatoo, Peaches, in the back with us. When the owner pulled a large feather off of Peaches and made her scream, my little Lyric began to laugh hysterically! tongue.gif

#31 Q and Miss D

Q and Miss D

Adv Member

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Cheryl A @ May 24 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boo will yell and scream and holler help and right afer his fit say Good Boy.

mine squawks & chirps up a storm too and there's always some "good boy"s and "pretty boy"s thrown in there huh.gif for a while that was the only time he would ever say pretty boy at all!

QUOTE (NewQuakerMom @ Jun 26 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sonny, my adopted Grey, used to live in a house with a man and his wife. The wife was a bit klutzy and when she would trip or drop something she would shriek and the husband would call "You OK?" Sonny imitates the both of them: first the wife shrieking, then the husband asking if she is ok (in female and male voices, respectively). It's hilarious laugh.gif

that's hysterical! I think greys can actually mimic the exact sound of people's voices too can't they?

as for mine, when he wants off of his cage and he sees me, he says c'mere and then when I go to him he starts saying hello!

#32 mechanic

mechanic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

Our QP "Pal" has alot of different speaking patterns.
Whenever someone goes to answer a ringing phone he says "hello"
After you finish your phone call he says "talk to you later" as you are hanging up.
We have a base citizens band radio at the house and he hears alot of the chatter that goes on.
Whenever my wife picks up the microphone Pal says "Hey mechanic, got a copy?"
Mechanic is my "handle" so he's heard her say it lots of times.
Oddly enough out 'Tiel says "hey mechanic, got a copy" too!

#33 Ivy's Mommy.

Ivy's Mommy.

I love my baby IVY!

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Lucky13 @ Jun 21 2007, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All those are so cute and adorable. I can't wait to get my little Quaker baby and hear him say his first words!

Me too!
I want a Baby Qp so bad. smile.gif

#34 Bobbi J

Bobbi J

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

My favorite from Cracker is she starts barking like my chihuahua and unless I'm in the room i can't tell who it is

#35 Lindsay and Tito

Lindsay and Tito

Adv Member

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

So, my friend Kristen and I always say "Lindsay and Kristen ROCK!" So Tito picked up on it, and for a while was saying "Lindsay and Kristen Rooooock!!" Then, he started shortening things, "Whatcha dooin" turned into "Doin?" "Step up" was "tep?", so "Lindsay and Kristen Rock turned into "ROOOCK!". Well today, he re-lengthened it to

"**Gibberish* *Gibberish* AND KRISTEN ROCKS!"

"Yeah. what about me, Tito?"

"Tito, too!"

"And Lindsay"

"Linsday's a dumb butt!"

Yeah, thank's mom. He really needed to learn that!

#36 equineRtist

equineRtist

equineRtist

• Members
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

These are so funny and too cute!

My Kiwi calls me Mimi and yells for me...sort of quiet at first, then louder and louder. If I don't answer her, she yells "WHAT, KIWI!"

She barks like the tiny Poodle her previous owner had and cries like a day-old human baby. When she cries, Bo laughs hysterically!

When my Blue Front was alive, she yelled "Boatwreck" if something scared her.

She hated my DH, but when he had food, she 'd say "Oooooh, you're a pretty girl" and fly down off her perch to have some of it. He called her a hypocrite. She had a HUGE vocabulary.

Debra Kerr, the actress, had a yellow nape and a DoubMexY Head. One would say "Come on over Darlin' and the other immediately answered "Don't you darlin' ME!"

#37 Annette964

Annette964

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Lol love this thread! It really is remarkable how smart these birds are isn't it. When we first got my Grey Dorian he was about 8 years old and already talking well. We set his cage up in the living room and of course our cat had to investigate. Immediately upon seeing the cat Dorian fluffed up and said with eyes flashing "Warning, Warning! Danger Danger!" from the Lost in Space movie. I thought that was so cute but just coincidence until within just a few weeks he added, "Warning Warning! Danger Danger! Whistle (for calling the dog) Here Bandit (my dogs name) Birds Out!" (which is what I always said when I chased the cats out of the room when I had the birds out of their cages). It worked beautifully too as bandit would come running and chase the cats.

#38 zipper

zipper

Adv Member

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

These stories are too cute. I have to add my own and hope you see the humor as I do. When zipper was younger he'd quack kinda..like a duck...So I used to say quack quack I'm a duck. Then I started to teach him say ..I'm a chicken hawk...sometimes he got confused and would say quack quack I'm a chicken duck wub.gif

#39 Kris1176

Kris1176

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Yesterday, Trixie (my Quaker) asked for a pickle..."I want a pickle" she said. I have NO idea why or how she said it...she's never eaten a pickle...and I don't remember having any lenghty pickle discussions recently....she must have heard it on tv..smile.gif

Now she's starting saying "ouch!!" when I tap her cage when mopping around it..

Jake, my Chihuahua like to play fetch....Trixie does to..."readddddyy....go get it"..she tell him..

She calls my dad "Foyd"..(his name is Floyd)..every night she tells him.."good night night foyd..wuv you"

This is the bird that has some sort of spell if you feed her anything but her regular food (though I did learn the other day she can still eat boiled rice!). Anyhow, when we used to give her mashed potatoes and stuff she'd go and touch it with her beak and say "it's hot"

She calls us "stupid" (or tupid) now..thanks to my brother's last visit..lol..thanks for the lesson, Tony!!

My favorites:

"you gonna be gooood?"..."huh?"..."be goooood awight"..to anyone..

You get her to arguing..act your going to hit "mommy"..she will cuss you out..tell you to be gooood..."no bite"..and just babble on and on..you can tell she's fussing at you, but you can't tell everything she's saying, it's hilarious..(a got to be there kind of thing I guess.)

And my all time favorite. "give me a kish...pease"..her kiss is rubbing nose/beak..the whole time she's going "a kish".."awwwww"..it's the sweetest thing on earth:)

#40 arnies_mom

arnies_mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (equineRtist @ Sep 9 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are so funny and too cute!

My Kiwi calls me Mimi and yells for me...sort of quiet at first, then louder and louder. If I don't answer her, she yells "WHAT, KIWI!"

She barks like the tiny Poodle her previous owner had and cries like a day-old human baby. When she cries, Bo laughs hysterically!

When my Blue Front was alive, she yelled "Boatwreck" if something scared her.

She hated my DH, but when he had food, she 'd say "Oooooh, you're a pretty girl" and fly down off her perch to have some of it. He called her a hypocrite. She had a HUGE vocabulary.

Debra Kerr, the actress, had a yellow nape and a DoubMexY Head. One would say "Come on over Darlin' and the other immediately answered "Don't you darlin' ME!"

hi the other day I wanted to wash the Kitchen floor so I moved all my birds into the living room I no sooner got the mop and bucket out and I hear a voice coming from the living room saying comin play with me comin play with me I looked through the door way and there was Fergie looking right at she said it agai comin play with me so being the doting mama that I am I went and played with her needless to say my floor didn't get washed until later on in the afternoon when Fergie had her afternoon nap Fergie is my Yellow Crowned Amazon and a very special bird for me I love her soooooo muchhhh If I lost her I don;t know what i'd do she is my special baby she knows the color green. the other day when I gave her a bowl of veggies I picked out a yellow bean and handed it to her she said that not green bean and when I'm getting ready to go out and she knows she says hurry gonna be late over and over she has a huge vocabulary and she's very smart only problem is the people that had her before me fought allot and when any one raises their voice or a man is around she screams obsenitys and I mean very much a potty Mouth it makes you want to plug your ears because she says such horrible words

Pat