MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Bonnie's Favoring A Foot

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Arnie passed when he was 4....When Conan had his stroke, yes, it made his whole side weaker...poor baby.

Maybe she would benefit from having a light on her for awhile? A few weeks ago, Petey was having a rough day (I wasn't sure if she was going to make it) and I covered three sides of her cage and put a lamp on the open side, and you wouldn't believe the difference it made. Within a couple hours she had perked up a bit.

#42 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I thought about that, but there isn't anywhere to put a light on her in the birds' room. Their lights are fixtures on the wall and there isn't a table or anything nearby. I was thinking last night that I might move her into the bedroom or kitchen (it's a big kitchen; her cage would be safely removed from the cooking area) and then I could put a lamp next to her. The only thing that made me not go ahead and do it is I don't want her to feel even more like she's in jail than she does already. She is NOT happy about being in a cage alone -- or maybe she's not happy that Benjy ended up with the big cage and she's in a smaller one, ;) -- but he was really tormenting her and she couldn't get around in there so I had no choice. Still, as long as she's in the bird room, she can hear and see the others and Benjy and Clyde stop by the cage several times a day to check on her. I'll consult with Hubby the carpenter and see if we can find a way to put a light on her in that room.

#43 Pies Mom

Pies Mom

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Sorry - disregard my last message. I found your other post. My condolences!

Edited by Pies Mom, 29 February 2012 - 10:22 AM.