MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Fruit + Vege Kebab

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

I know it's nothing new, but Tiki absolutely LOVED it!
Very easy to make. I just used an old purple fiddle stick and used apple, grape and carrot bits which i pushed onto the stick.
Though anything really could be used- pasta, fruits, veges, bread..etc
After that i squeezed some lemon juice over it so the apple didn't go brown and lasted longer, then rolled the kebab in some bird seed.
I used a piece of string to make a noose for the fiddle stick, and hung it form the rook of the cage.

Tah-dah. All in all it took about 4 minutes tongue.gif

At first Tiki ran away squawking his little head off. But then he realised it was edible.

Attached Files

#2 Cheekys mum

Cheekys mum

Adv Member

• Members
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:30 PM

That is a far out idea! thank you for sharing it...that will really save me a mess lol!

#3 Cheekys mum

Cheekys mum

Adv Member

• Members
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

Ohhh btw way WELCOME its nice to see you here! Im Janet I have a green QP Cheeky and a Sun conure Cherub. Youll love it here it is addicting!

#4 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hello smile.gif Nice to meet ya!
Ooh, we were nearly going to get a sun conure instead of a quaker! Pretty little things aren't they?

#5 Cheekys mum

Cheekys mum

Adv Member

• Members
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Hi Lana quakers are known as excellent fast talkers very quick to pick up on things and enjoying a relationship with their other family members (people) My sun as much as I love her is loud but I knew that and was happy to buy her. She hangs all kinds of ways and is a busy bee all the time.She is also a real cuddle bug... She tends to have a vivacious appetite over the QP. Suns as youve prolly read are not known for talking and if they do talk a few wpords its gravelly...not clear like the QPs.

#6 Lana

Lana

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Hey,
Yuhp smile.gif Tiki's only been with us 4 days and already, though he's nowhere near talking, I can tell he's beginning to understand words, like "Byebye" "hello" "Yummy"-(aka, I'm going to be given a treat) and "Nightnight!"
The sun's loudness was the deciding factor for us. I knew my dad would go off his nut xD
My Qp is a little fatty. Well, not physically fat but he eats a heck of a lot wink.gif Definately NOT a cuddle-bug though. But I spose that may change as he gets older and begins to bond more with us.