MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Ralph Forages For Popcorn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Here's a new photo of Ralph foraging for some plain popcorn (one of his favorite treats)

Attached Files

#2 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

What a handsome fella!

Do you use a hot air popper to make his popcorn? I always worry about the oil and salt in microwaved popcorn and won't let my birds have any, but I bet they would love it.

#3 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

What a handsome fella!

Do you use a hot air popper to make his popcorn? I always worry about the oil and salt in microwaved popcorn and won't let my birds have any, but I bet they would love it.

I do make air-popped popcorn for Ralph (and for me too Posted Image ), and his gets served plain (mine doesn't Posted Image ). I've read that the microwave popcorn isn't especially good for people either, and quit using it.

#4 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, my husband decided microwave popcorn isn't healthy for people, so we aren't eating that any more, but I haven't gotten around to getting a hot air popper yet. Where's a good place to get a decent hot air popper? Can I find them at Wal Mart or someplace like that?

#5 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Where's a good place to get a decent hot air popper? Can I find them at Wal Mart or someplace like that?

Wal-Mart is sure to have them. Any store with a decent selection of small appliances ought to have one or two available at least.