MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Joke: The Parrot And The Plumber

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cnyguy

cnyguy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

Mrs. Smith looked at the dripping kitchen faucet, then looked impatiently at the clock. "I simply can't wait any longer for that silly plumber-- I must go pick up the dry cleaning before the laundry closes." She said goodbye to Julius, her Quaker parrot, and left the house.

Five minutes later, a truck pulled into the driveway and a man got out, went to the door and knocked.
"Who's there?" came a voice from inside the house.
"It's Al, the plumber. I'm here to fix the faucet."
The plumber waited and waited, and no one came to the door, so he knocked again.
"Who's there?"
"It's Al, the plumber. I'm here to fix the faucet."
Again, Al waited, but no one answered the door. He knocked again, with a lot more force.
"Who's there?"
"It's Al! The plumber! I'm here to fix the faucet!"
And still no one came to open the door., so Al knocked again, hard enough to rattle the hinges.
"Who's there?"
Al muttered a few words that we won't repeat here. "It's AL!!! The PLUMBER!!!! I'm here to fix the FAUCET!!!!" Al screamed, then he pounded on the door again.
"Who's there?"
"AARRRRGGGHHH!" Al gurgled in frustration, and fell over in a dead faint.

Shortly, Mrs. Smith returned home to find a man passed out in a heap on her doorstep. "My goodness! Who is it?"

"It's Al, the plumber. He's here to fix the faucet," replied Julius the Quaker parrot. :D