The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Strange, But Sweet, Friendship

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fig

Adv Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

My Blue Quaker, Skye, is best buddies with my little Budgie, Cloud.  (yeah, I know....Skye and Cloud!)

Cloud is a re-homed bird....I got him from a man who could no longer keep him. Skye (also male), I bought when he was 4 months old. He'll be 2 on July 21st.  I think Cloud is about 4.

When I first brought Skye home, Cloud was immediately interested. He flew over to check out the newcomer.  Soon, these two were hanging out.  Now, they play together all the time, talk to each other, groom each other, "kiss" and all kinds of bird things.

It's amazing.

• Casey's Mom and Cindi&Jeriel like this

#2 easttex

Adv Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

How sweet! Has it changed how either interacts with you? I suppose you could only be sure with Cloud.

#3 Cindi&Jeriel

Adv Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

That's great!! Everyone, or should I say everybird, needs a best pal!! biggrin.png

#4 Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Clyde and Benjy are buds, too, but it's more like a bratty kid brother who won't stop tagging after the big kids and a big brother who sighs and barely tolerates the brat. LOL

#5 LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Louie (my blue Quaker) has that kind of relationship with Kirby, our one-winged linnie rescue. We can't let Kirby out of his cage because he doesn't realize he can't fly anymore, so he launches himself, and SPLATS on the floor.

Louie has become great friends with Kirby. She sits on his cage, talks to him and watches him, and we've had to put a happy hut on the outside of Kirby's cage so Louie can take her naps there....she sits behind the happy hut, right next to Kirby's happy hut and they snooze together.

Everyone needs a bestie, right?

#6 Bene_Gesserit

Adv Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Happy's been super interested in the parakeets, but I'm frankly scared to have the both outside their cages. I've seen some horrible wounds of beaks torn off, and I'm terrified something will go wrong.  Is there a safe way to see if they can get along?