MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

More Eggs From Greta

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

At least Rebel and Pippin pitch in a little. Sounds like we can forget about chick support from Freddie and Johnny unless the eggs are fertile and we can get a paternity test.

#22 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

How is Miss Greta doing?? :)

#23 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Greta has begun to sleep in her cage again the last couple of nights, though she still spends all her waking hours setting eggs. I think we're on the backstretch of this batch. She's losing interest a tiny bit and when I call her and say it's bedtime, she comes waddling out, ready to be kissed goodnight and tucked in. I'm guessing another week or so and she'll be done and I can throw them out and I'll have my little girl back for a while until the next round. 

#24 Allee

Allee

Adv Member

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I'm glad to hear that. I know you'll be happy to have your girl back. How is everyone else. Are Clyde, Jade, and Benjy behaving themselves lately?

#25 Siobhan

Siobhan

Adv Member

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Greta refused to sleep in her cage last night. She came out for a snack and went right back to the eggs. Benjy has a mangled tail from annoying Jade too often again. Freddie has taken to saying "pretty baby" over and over and over (and OVER) again. It's the only words he can say clearly. He mumbles something else that may or may not be "peekaboo," but nobody knows what he's trying to say. Clyde keeps sliding toward Crazy Hormonal Quaker Mode, but so far we've managed to keep him from going completely berserk. He has spells and he comes out of them. Maggie's kind of broody but hasn't presented me with any eggs. Johnny bows his head for scritches but bites me (Johnny bites, which is just that he bumps my hand with his beak and grumbles) when I try to GIVE him scritches. Ringo's fascinated with having crickets in her room -- CHIRPING crickets who cooperatively jump and move, which is better than Bird TV -- but her feather condition hasn't improved one whit in spite of my conscientiousness in providing her with EXACTLY the proportions, brands and ingredients the starling folk insist she must have. And she has a red swelling on her chest where the feathers fell out, that looks like a pimple. That worries me. Has anybody seen that sort of thing on a bird? My closest experience with it is that my elderly basset has a wart on his chest which the vet said was nothing to worry about as long as it didn't seem to cause him discomfort. Ringo doesn't seem bothered by hers. 

#26 Jan Cullen

Jan Cullen

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

So, just another normal day in your household?