MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Nessie's Good Girl Treat

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nessie

Nessie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

My Nessie's good girl treat:
Handful of Goji berries
One slice of dried Mango
Handful of crispy nut crunch (you can get similar from stores)
Seeding grass (depends on type)
And dried kiwi fruit slices

she loves these after she has had her cage cleaned out, or she has been on my shoulder for a bit and is hugely content to eat and be silent for a bit or chatter away to herself depending on the time of day.

#2 Paula0442

Paula0442

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Those are nice treats.
What seems to get mine so excited are Cheerio's. I say, "wanna cookie" and they're all ready to munch.

#3 Nessie

Nessie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

Paula she loves attacking at my berry biscuits some days, if I have them out and I'm
too slow she'll get into them I assure you! she got into my tea on day too, cheeky thing
she is. She also likes chips from the fish and chip shop as well as corn chips, the type
for nacho's tee hee, she only gets a nibble of those things though when I'm not looking

#4 Paula0442

Paula0442

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Bindi goes bonkers when I come to the computer with a cup of coffee. If I sit it down she's on the rim within seconds. I KNOW IT'S BAD!!!!! but one time I let her go ahead and taste it, thinking afterwards she'd never want anything to do with it again. WRONG!!! I have to keep it on a seperate table now.

#5 Nessie

Nessie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

well I don't know how bad green tea is for Nessie but she doesn't have it often
I know I have to keep lollies out of the way, or she'll rip the packet open, and she
loves getting into the bread packet for some reason

#6 am0z

am0z

Adv Member

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

well some teas contain no caffeine. I'm not sure of the caffeine content, but here's a tip for signifigantly reducing the caffeine. Get some loose tea leaves and put it in the coffee maker. Now instead of having the coffee pot inunder the spout. Put a glass and allow the first ounce or two to brew into this, and discard it or drink it or whatever. Now quickly replace the pot under it and let the rest brew in there. most of the caffeine will be removed immediatly from the the leaves within the first few seconds of brewing. The rest is pretty much just filler. Now as always you're taking your bird's health into your own hands when you give them caffeine but I won't leave you without atleast some knowledge. Enjoy!

#7 Nessie

Nessie

Adv Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:30 AM

So that sounds interesting and I will have to do that for her one day!
I've been giving her green tea instead of normal tea or coffee and she loves
it just as much and as it doesn't have caffiene in it I'm sure it will be fine for
her but thankies for that tip though

#8 geekasaurus

geekasaurus

Adv Member

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

boogie and wasabi go insane for green tea
i drink lipton green tea with citrus from bottles and they start calling to me and bobbing up and down when they even see the bottle
lol

boogie likes nuts a LOT
wasabi will eat anything once but never gets excited about it
chickie baby loves carrots, grapes, bananas, tortillas, pretty much anything really lol