MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Community Status Updates

Photo

DebraH

Well, Thursday night I felt no pain. The shots consisted of cortisone and a numbing agent. Friday I hurt again -- numbing agent worn off. Today is better so the cortisone must be kicking in. I have high hopes!
Jun 01 2013 06:19 PM
Photo

DebraH

Just got shots in my spine. For the first time since February I feel no pain!! Woot!
May 30 2013 03:42 PM
Photo

DebraH

The wild birds just discovered the new bird bath we just got! Woo hoo!
May 29 2013 11:02 AM
Photo

DebraH

Went to a movie and lunch with my kids. Thanks for a wonderful time Amber and Isaac and hubby Jerry! Star Trek was amazing!
May 25 2013 05:37 PM
Photo

QuakerFriend

I hate being short. African grey thinks he can boss me around on his highest perch. Get bit whenever I ask him to step up. Please help me, any suggestions?
May 13 2013 07:19 PM
  • msdani1981's Photo
    msdani1981
    Use a branch to pick him up. I'm short too, and that's how I get Chewy down from high places. Good luck!
    Jun 12 2013 01:10 PM
Photo

DebraH

Well, I got my shots in my back. Yes, shotS -- plural. I'm still feeling some pain, but it's not the sharp stabbing pain I was having. We'll know more in a week. Apparently this is going to be a long term thing. I'm hoping I don't have to go back for more shots after being on that bus for a week.
May 10 2013 02:15 PM
Photo

DebraH

I really feel bad for this poor crow. He was out again today to see if he could get any seed the others have thrown to the ground. He was, once again, chased off by a couple of blue jays this morning. I know they can be little pests, but come on! Chased off by the little birds?
May 07 2013 02:31 PM
  • cnyguy's Photo
    cnyguy
    It's always surprised me that the big crows can be intimidated so easily by the smaller birds. They may be big and look imposing, but crows are on the timid side.
    May 07 2013 09:47 PM
Photo

DebraH

23 years ago at 1:16 in the morning I was blessed with the most beautiful baby girl. Happy birthday Amber! I love you and am so proud of the woman you've become.
May 07 2013 07:11 AM
Photo

DebraH

I just love watching birds. We had some stale tortillas and instead of throwing them away, we gave them to the wild birds. I usually tear the bread/tortillas up in little pieces so they are more manageable for the birds. Jerry just throws them out and lets them fight over it. Well, there was this huge crow that was just about salivating over those huge tortillas. There were also several smaller birds. The smaller birds wouldn't let the crow get close to the tortillas. Every time it got near o...
May 06 2013 04:44 PM
Photo

DebraH

I just got the new Pickles TheParrot book! Woo hoo!
May 04 2013 11:39 AM
Photo

DebraH

Woo hoo! I have an appointment to get a shot in my back! Hopefully it will take the pain away and let me get back to work! I just have to make it through the next week and a half.
May 01 2013 11:35 AM
Photo

DebraH

Leaving my daughters place. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit! Thank you Amber for a wonderful time!
Apr 27 2013 03:50 PM
Photo

DebraH

On my way to Sam Houston State to watch my daughter perform tonight! Looking forward to seeing her!
Apr 26 2013 03:35 PM
Photo

breemom

I have missed everyone on here,my back hurts to bad to be on line any length of time so i hardly ever get on here at all.My back surgery is June 10th so i hope i will be able to be on more after that.MISS YA
Apr 25 2013 08:22 PM
  • msdani1981's Photo
    msdani1981
    Good luck! We miss you, too!
    Apr 26 2013 12:08 PM
  • msdani1981's Photo
    msdani1981
    Hope your surgery went well, looking forward to seeing you when you're feeling up to it! :)
    Jun 12 2013 01:11 PM
Photo

DebraH

Well, gee, thanks Doc. You increased my pain meds and now my boss won't let me work. Guess I'll be off the rest of this week and all of next week at least. Unpaid. The bright point, if I want to look for a silver lining, is that I will be almost if not completely pain free. *sigh*
Apr 24 2013 07:29 PM