MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Generic Bean Quisine

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Rebekah

Rebekah

Adv Member

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

Everyone watch out! I tried this once as a treat, and now there are two birds at my house who DEMAND it on a twice daily basis! I find myself making it a few times a month, even freezing huge batches of it. They LOVE it. Adjust it to your birds tastes. Toulouse loves the beans, but Ava won't eat them. She eats all the corn and lentils!

#22 roxyboy

roxyboy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

rolleyes.gif We will be cooking this today!! Thanks!!

#23 Betty49

Betty49

Adv Member

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

made this last night and tried it on Paulie today, well he did pick at it. But still acted as tho I am trying to poison him,,,lol I acted as tho I was eating it and that is when he did start picking at it. I will try again tomorrow. He is a funny lil guy.

#24 roxyboy

roxyboy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

OK, so I got all the ingredients yesterday. Read the recipe a dozen times, to make sure I get it right.....I read the part about not forgetting to shake the container, so it doesnt turn to mush. WELL, what did I forget to do???? SHAKE the container....UGH! Roxy loves it tho, messy beak and all! wub.gif

#25 Mark T

Mark T

Adv Member

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

This recipe looks interesting I,m going to try it soon. Will let you know how Packo likes it. I am relly enjoying this site. It has lots of good ideas.

#26 Julies Jungle

Julies Jungle

Julie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Kiko loves this one to...

#27 Sandi Kiwis Mom

Sandi Kiwis Mom

"Love Me...Love My Fids!!!!

• Forum Manager
  • 20,884 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

glad you revived this thread. I haven't made this for a long time and totally forgot about it.

#28 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

We get a lot of requests for bird recipes, or things to encourage birds to eat food other then their pellets/seed. I thought I would bring this topic back up for those members who haven't seen it yet. It's a great recipe that is simple to make!

For those that have just 1 or 2 birds, you can place the mix into ice cube trays, freeze, then transfer over to a ziploc bag. ;)