MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Question Broken Eggs

Posted by debbagirl , 26 March 2014 · 4,341 views

Hi,

Im posting a question not sure if this is where I do it but I have a pair of quakers male and female and she has laid an egg every other day,I have not bothered them and have provided a nesting box etc but every time I look at her egg its broken so I remove it and wait for the next one and the same thing,she has had four so far and know this can be her limit but was wondering if I want to incubate the egg how long do I have once I remove it to get an incubator?.I wish she would be able to do it herself but either she's breaking them or the male ?? I have read a little on this but am not too sure.Any suggestions? Thanks

An egg can last about 5 minutes being cold before the developing chick dies. What you can do is put rice in 2 long tube socks, heat the socks in the microwave for about 1 minute or until you feel is warm enough
And emidietly place the egg between the socks in a plastic container. However,this requires alot of work. You will have to warm up the socks every 30 mins to an hour,but its worth it.

June 2017

S M T W T F S
181920212223 24

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Categories