MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.com

and register there to participate in our community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Name Changes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard01

Richard01

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

I started the forum in January at any rate I changed my name from myquakerjason to rich to now richard01. How can I link all my activity from these names?

I hadn't logged onto the site for a while and when I finally did about a week ago I logged in as myquakerjason I just happened to stumble across my rich name and thought wow can I use that again somehow. No I couldn't access it.

So my next question is how long do name changes stay active from the original(did the forum go through some changes and that's why it defaulted back to original name?) and my third question if I change my name again will my profile change with it, i.e. all the information in the profile. Thank you.
Posted Image

Edited by Richard01, 06 July 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hi Richard, those are really good questions....I don't know how to link your posts. I'll see if someone else can help you.

#3 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hi There

I can only see one account ...

Your account has two names attached to it.. a display name and a login name. In your case your login name is myquakerjason and your display name is Richard01. There is no member account with a login name of Richard01. As a user in the "member" group you can change your display name once every 30 days and that can be done via your profile.

Members can change their display names however their login names will always remain the same. When you change your display name nothing else changes except that name which is the name that other members see on your posts ... All posts, blogs posts, messages, gallery items etc are attached to your login name which never changes.

If you believe you have a second account it would need to be under a different email as well. If that is the case can you PM me that email address and I can run a search to see if I can find something else.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Dee