MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Qp Forum Moving - Please Read

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shelly

Shelly

Forum Founder

• Owner
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone,

Dani, Dee and I have been working on a little project these last couple of weeks, and it's time to let everyone know what we've been working on. You see, we have decided to move the QP Forum to a different platform. The rest of this announcement is going to explain why and how and where. :)

We've been on the current platform (Invision) for nearly 10 years now. When we first moved to Invision, it seemed like the perfect platform for what I hoped the forum would become. And it HAS worked very well for us. 

But there have been a number of challenges with it, too. I don't want to bore you all with all the technical details, but the challenges have to do with how complex the software has become, the need to constantly stay on top of the security issues and the cost of running a forum on Invision, which has become substantial due to the many features they have added over the years, taking up more and more server resources. 

And there is another reason as well, which is that I'm not getting any younger. I hope to be around for many years yet, but either way I want to make sure the forum will continue on well into the future.

So we began looking at other alternatives, and Dani suggested a service she is familiar with because it is very much like what we are already used to. So we have chosen ProBoards as the platform to take the forum into the future. 

We have been setting up the forum over there and have it pretty much ready for everyone to use. You will need to register again, but it will only take a moment and then you'll be all set. To access the new forum, head on over to:

Please take a moment to register there now. We will have a transition period of a couple weeks where both forums are available... then we will set this forum to read-only. From that point forward, all new posts will be made on the new forum. Our hope is to keep the posts on this forum available for a while to use as a reference.

You'll find that the new forum is very similar to this one so this change should be pretty easy. Of course, Dani, Dee and I will be available to answer any questions about using the new forum until we all feel comfortable with it.

Thanks in advance for your support as we make this transition. We appreciate it!