MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New Here But Not New To Quakers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayde653948

jayde653948

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

I have an 18 year old Quaker named Jayde, I have had him since he was 3 months old and he definitely has Attitude.lol He cracks me up at times...when my dog goes outside he whistles for her and calls her by name, he says Come On Chloe, then says good boy.lol Yes its a female dog. He will bite you then say OUCH and he starts laughing. If someone knocks on my door hr says Come In. He says Goodnight when I cover him up at night, when I uncover him in the morning he says Good Morning . He has a pretty good vocabulary but He is very DIRTY...He poops and pees outside of his cage all over the place, it is practically impossible to keep his cage clean and it smells Awful. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? His cage is very large, the last cage was a bit smaller and I thought that was the problem but obviously it didn't make a difference.Any ideas on how to keep the terrible smell down would be greatly appreciated

#2 msdani1981

msdani1981

Love My Pets :)

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Jayde653948,

You might get more responses on the other forum, a lot of our members have made the switch.  The new forum is at www.quakerparrotforum.com. :)

#3 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Bird poop really shouldn't smell too bad.  I'm thinking that maybe a vet visit is in order, just to make sure his organs are functioning okay.  Has his poop always smelled?  How often do you clean his cage?  What is the consistency of the poop (dry, extra watery, etc.) and what color is it?  If it's yellowish and watery that can indicate a problem with his liver.

I just read your post in the cage cleaning thread....if his poop is watery, please get him to a vet.  Bird poop really shouldn't have very much "liquid matter".  It is generally moist, but not wet.

#4 PrettyBabyRio

PrettyBabyRio

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

He sounds so much like the girl I just adopted, she does the bite and laugh and the "come in" when you knock. Not sure what to tell you about the rest...I've only had my girl a day but have owned other birds and they didn't have too bad of a smell. Does he eat a LOT of fruits and veggies? That might be the difference.

#5 msdani1981

msdani1981

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Excellent point, PrettyBabyRio! :)

I have copied and pasted this thread to the other forum.  I'm now going to lock it here.  Please go to www.quakerparrotforum.com and create an account there, and we can continue the discussion, and hopefully get more insight from other owners. :)