MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

New To The Forum, Just Adopted

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PrettyBabyRio

PrettyBabyRio

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone, I just adopted my first Quaker! I actually found her on craigslist, the person rehoming her had rescued her from a bad home and then wanted a new home for her as she already had many birds. Her name was Baby, I decided to add on Rio, but she already says many word such as Pretty Baby so I didn't want to fully change her name. She is estimated to be 2 years old, not totally certain she is a "she" but that is what her previous owner thought. She is beautiful and healthy as her rescuer got her switched over to a pelleted diet and fruits and veggies! :) I already love her and just got her yesterday. She is a cuddler and very smart. A bit cage aggressive, but not bad.

It's also very cute that if you knock she says "come in", though she is still adjusting to being in a new home so she has been quiet since I brought her home. She's also going to have to adjust to my dog, who isn't certain what to think of her. I look forward to her growing up with my kids (who are 6 and 2) And she will be my fid even after my human kids grow up and move out :) I can't wait to see how our relationship grows over the next 20-30 years :D

Here is a pic!

Attached Files

• Attached File  Rio.jpg   36.56KB   1 downloads

• Bettyboop likes this