MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Pumice Stone Perch Attachment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DexterTheQuaker

DexterTheQuaker

Adv Member

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

So I made this attachment for Dexter's perch that is made from sisal and pumice pieces that are drilled through the middle. I got the pumice pieces already drilled from www.chincessories.com
The woman who runs it owns a chinchilla rescue and uses the shop to fund the rescue (i also have 2 chinchillas so that's how i found this site). The rescue site is www.forchinatechins.com

what you will need:
thin sisal rope (or natural rope that is easy to tie tight knots with)
thick sisal rope (or natural rope that is strong and won't be snapped with one bite!)
drilled pumice pieces

how to make it:
first take the pumice pieces and figure out how many you want to line the perch with, then take the thin sisal rope and cut enough so that it can double the length of the pieces in a line. String the thin sisal rope through the first piece of pumice then again and knot it so it doesn't slide and do it for every piece after that. Then put the strung pieces onto your bird's perch and take the thick sisal rope and tie it between the first and second pumice piece as tight as possible. Then continue with the rest of the pieces but without tying it until you get to the last piece.

Here are some pictures of Dexter's :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image