MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Who Is The Oldest Quaker On This Forum?

Oldest Quaker

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cmenke2

Cmenke2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hello everyone:

I am curious who is the oldest Quaker on this forum? Do you mind commenting? I do know while reading through posting a couple of older Quaker recently pass on to which I express my sincere condolences to the parents for their lost.

My Angel (boy) will be 10 yrs old April 24th. It is hard to believe he will be 10 yrs old…this is my oldest bird that I have in my lifetime….the second oldest was 7 yrs Princess, an Albino Parakeet to which was truly a remarkable kid to me so loving. I think too many eggs (no mate) just got to her and I still miss her so very much after all these years. But Angel though he has the PDD disease but I feel will continue onwards for many years because of how his activity is and checkups are maintain. He is just a stubborn little kid and doesn't plan on going anywhere but stay with his mommy for all the TLC he can get. Posted Image

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Cynthia

Attached Files

• breemom likes this

#2 Jeff in WA

Jeff in WA

Adv Member

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Kermit turned 17 in February...though from what I remember of this forum, he isn't the oldest.

Jeff

#3 LindeeV

LindeeV

Adv Member

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

I have 3 Quakers, but two were rescue/rehomed birds and we don't know how old they are.

Louie, my blue Quaker, was hatched on June 20, 2010, so he'll be 3 this summer.

#4 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Spig turned 11 on the 12 of feb. :( that angel has PDD our tiel had it was very sad and very expensive. All the best with that

#5 Cmenke2

Cmenke2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

My Angel too has PDD and is on celebrex for life but so far still a very happy bird, he doesn't have all the symptoms other has. He is being monitor by the doctor/hospital and me on a regular basis. But in my heart feel he will still live a very long time. Very sorry to hear about your fids having that disease. I had many budgies before this Quaker and a Quaker before him that I lost, the budgies was to tumors and it was very hard losing them indeed. I share your pain.

#6 Jeff in WA

Jeff in WA

Adv Member

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'm having a brain fart at the moment...but what is PDD??

Thanks.

Jeff
  • breemom likes this

#7 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

PDD(Proventricular Dilatation Disease) is a virus in birds there is no cure for it yet but they working on it and it can be controlled if u catch the signs before it gets bad... http://en.m.wikipedi...atation_Disease

#8 Jeff in WA

Jeff in WA

Adv Member

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks, Jen. Hadn't heard of that one.

Jeff

#9 Cmenke2

Cmenke2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

My Angel didn't have the full blown symptoms as the other bird. The doctor wanted to test him because he pick at his chest twice and open the skin and the several blood feathers around that he broke. That was September 2012 and she said he has it. You are right, there is no cure but Celebrex helps the birds to a almost normal life not knowing how long they will live. I think Angel is so active and nice to me now will remain with me for a very long time just by knowing him, his behavior, his body, etc. He must be at the very lowest level of this disease. This disease started ago around almost 50 some years ago that some of the parrots came up with them then it spread through out other species. They are not sure how it spreads either and having another bird would contaminate it to that one. I think based on the information I read that it could have been domant for so long within him and came out just recently. This has happen to other birds that I read about. So as long as he takes his Celebrex it will just maintain it from worstest I hope. Only time will tell. But he has a happy loving home for a long time since he thinks I am his mate for life. Posted Image And I am so glad he isn't a little 'devil' anymore.....because I have been giving him chamomile tea for several months daily and turn out to come back as a little Angel for me. Just wants me home around him to play and kiss, cuddle and follow me on my shoulder through out the house.

#10 Jen_and_spiggy

Jen_and_spiggy

Adv Member

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I read a few drops of cell food in their water/tea helps too

#11 rosebud928

rosebud928

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

My Quakers are 19 and 15... :)

So far good and healthy too!
  • breemom and Cmenke2 like this

#12 Cmenke2

Cmenke2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

That is just wonderful, Rosebud! I hope they have many more happy years ahead of them. :)

#13 namakasmom

namakasmom

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Charlie is guessed to be between 15-17, we know for 100% that he is over 12, but not sure how old he was when his last owner got him.

#14 bird-man-iac

bird-man-iac

Adv Member

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

HI everyone i finally got a computer . today as a matter of fact well i still have ERNIE the male quaker and he is this year going to be 27 years old .. and still a sweet heart ... lays on his back in my hand and rides in my shirt..

in fact this is him with his buddy the nanday conure .. his name is ricky or aka ric ric or aka zorro ...
  • Simiesmom, breemom and Cmenke2 like this

#15 Cmenke2

Cmenke2

Adv Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

27 years old!! OMG!! Excellent!! That's wonderful indeed. Posted Image

#16 QuakerFriend

QuakerFriend

Adv Member

• Members