MOVING

The forum has been moved to a new server.

Please visit QuakerParrotForum.net

and register there to participate in the community.

We will do our best to maintain these archives so that you can still search and find answers to your Quaker questions!

Photo

Lots Of Problems Since The Upgrade!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Carrie~Anne

Carrie~Anne

"The Sound of Birds Stops The Noise In My Mind"

• Senior Forum Manager
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

Has any one noticed problems with the search function? I've been trying to find two posts and either they have been deleted, my search function isn't working right, or I simply am not entering in the right information. Having said that, I've gone through the forums pretty far back and can't find either post.

#22 Dee

Dee

The Boys!

• Admin
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Carrie~Anne @ Jan 9 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has any one noticed problems with the search function? I've been trying to find two posts and either they have been deleted, my search function isn't working right, or I simply am not entering in the right information. Having said that, I've gone through the forums pretty far back and can't find either post.

I use the search function regularly and it seems to be working fine for me. As part of preparing for the upgrade and a long overdue cleanup, Shelly has pruned the database .. She has deleted old posts and inactive member accounts. It is possible that what you were searching for may have been deleted.

#23 Lozenger_91

Lozenger_91

<3 Laura

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Casey's Mom @ Jan 9 2008, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I mean the history in Internet Explorer. smile.gif Where you can go back and look at all the pages you've been to for the day, or the day before etc...

I thought it was just my dodgey ol' computer! Pages on the forum no longer appear in your internet explorer history... which I used to use all the time when explorer crashes (all too often, stupid thing) and I want to go back to the pages I was looking at.

Hmm... I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade, but I tried to change my avatar... and it now appears in the dimentions of the new one (so it's squashed as the old one was wider), but the same picture as the old one. In 'my controls', it shows the new one fine. Perhaps it will work itself out in a bit?

On a brighter note, I love that you can see who's online or not via the blue or grey square smile.gif It's great!

#24 QPdad

QPdad

Buddy the Human and Willie the Quaker

• Members
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Lozenger_91 @ Jan 10 2008, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade, but I tried to change my avatar... and it now appears in the dimentions of the new one (so it's squashed as the old one was wider), but the same picture as the old one. In 'my controls', it shows the new one fine. Perhaps it will work itself out in a bit?

When you change the avatar image, the new one gets the same file name as the old one. The page code gives it the height/width ratio so if you have the old image cached on your computer it's probably coming up with the old image "squashed" to the ratio of the new one.

Try holding down your "Ctrl" key while refreshing the page. That will force the new one to load from the server.

#25 Lozenger_91

Lozenger_91

<3 Laura

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (QPdad @ Jan 10 2008, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you change the avatar image, the new one gets the same file name as the old one. The page code gives it the height/width ratio so if you have the old image cached on your computer it's probably coming up with the old image "squashed" to the ratio of the new one.

Try holding down your "Ctrl" key while refreshing the page. That will force the new one to load from the server.

AhHA! It worked smile.gif Thank you, QPdad! biggrin.gif

It did also zoom out on the page for some reason, but I know how to fix that smile.gif

#26 Gizmo #1

Gizmo #1

Ben-Gizmo~Julie

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Dee @ Jan 8 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The little man beside the user names when looking at a post is gone. It was an icon of a "man" and was orange. It is now an icon that is blue/green when the user is online or grey when the user if offline.

The little people in profile are still there .. If the member has set their gender then it would be pink for women and blue for men.

Great i didnt care much for them men just to see if someone was online. Thanx for answering all these questions smile.gif

#27 Gizmo #1

Gizmo #1

Ben-Gizmo~Julie

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Have another question what is the profile view thing? Is it by the member or by the view?